diy solar

diy solar

Do We Need a Control Group?

You do know there is an emerging science for spirituality right?
I always like it when people make claims about "supernatural" things, and then pretend there is some way the natural world can comment on them or investigate them. Either they are only supernatural, or they are sometimes both. If they are sometimes both then we could find proof, but since they arent, they cant interact with the natural world and are meaningless beyond a concept that you enjoy and have completely made up since you can't actually observe or have evidence.

I have started reading his new book .... it has thousands of footnote reference where he has actual information about the things he says .... his account of how Fauci has totally corrupted the CDC fits with things I can see with my own eyes.
Your dislike for him is an opinion ..... I doubt you can post anything where he has been PROVEN wrong in his assertions.
More Robert F Kennedy. Thi was a public assassination. https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion...c_opinioncentral&sid=5cddbe32e3a98c0db3642082

I always like it when people make claims about "supernatural" things, and then pretend there is some way the natural world can comment on them or investigate them. Either they are only supernatural, or they are sometimes both. If they are sometimes both then we could find proof, but since they arent, they cant interact with the natural world and are meaningless beyond a concept that you enjoy and have completely made up since you can't actually observe or have evidence.
Does that mean that we should not attempt to investigate them? 150 years ago boiler explosions were considered an "act of God". Fast forward and humans gained knowledge and understood the processes that were causing failures and all of a sudden the "supernatural" was no longer supernatural.

Dave Asprey has made more money than everyone on this forum combined and has spent the last 15 years studying human metabolism and diet. He has gone from being a software engineer and being from a family of atheist engineers to believing in "the after life" because "why not, what do you have to loose.".

Linked to the relevant spot and you only have to watch a minute or so to get what his is saying.

People take the concept of God and religion far to literally. Both the religious types and the atheist types. Its not literal. There is relevant meaning in it as well as translation errors:

Does that mean that we should not attempt to investigate them? 150 years ago boiler explosions were considered an "act of God". Fast forward and humans gained knowledge and understood the processes that were causing failures and all of a sudden the "supernatural" was no longer supernatural.
Of course not, because nothing is supernatural that we experience in the natural world. Everything has natural explanations. What we shouldn't do is say "that is unknowable" or "its cause was supernatural, there is no natural evidence, you need to have faith"

Dave Asprey has made more money than everyone on this forum combined and has spent the last 15 years studying human metabolism and diet. He has gone from being a software engineer and being from a family of atheist engineers to believing in "the after life" because "why not, what do you have to loose.".
You might as well as have referenced Pascal, he is more famous and even has this argument called Pascal's Wager named after him. Presto change-o death bed repentance... Unfortunately that leads you to... which of the multitudes of gods is the magic lottery ticket? Most people don't believe in 10,000+ gods... I don't believe in 10,001+ gods... sooo close!
People take the concept of God and religion far to literally. Both the religious types and the atheist types. Its not literal. There is relevant meaning in it as well as translation errors:
This is because god revealed himself, god spoke to them, they are the special ones. If god was really self-evident instead of being used to fill in the gaps of boiler explosions, we wouldn't have anything to debate. If there is an all-powerful all-knowing being, and they want me to know that they exist, they will know how to make it clear to me.

Unless it is quantifiable, repeatable, measurable, it doesn't have much use to me other than a theoretical construct for maybe understanding.
I will watch these videos later, because unlike the op Bullshit Ontopof Bullshit you actually discuss things and have linked many interesting videos that challenged me and made me think.

If there is an all-powerful all-knowing being, and they want me to know that they exist, they will know how to make it clear to me.

Unless it is quantifiable, repeatable, measurable, it doesn't have much use to me other than a theoretical construct for maybe understanding.

Our creator is making it known to the world with higher intensity every day as time goes on. Study NDE phenomenon, just in America alone, there are 9 million reported cases of NDEs... With modern resuscitation techniques used by trauma care units and hospitals, more people are getting revived after cardiac arrest than anytime ever in the past, and live to tell the story of what they claim to have seen.

Of those, there are 2 types, non-medically verifiable (maybe happened at home with no doctor around to call time of death), and medically verified near death experiences (ones where flatline and time of death were called, some even confirm EKG and EEG, one or the other or both, were flatline).

Many verified NDEs, people have reported accurate detailed conversations going on by surgeons and seeing everything that they were doing from a vantage point at the ceiling (even when their physical eyes were taped shut for the surgery), reporting what the tools looked like with detail and what they were doing on them, conversations going on in other rooms of the hospital, and even other parts of the world.

Even reporting an object somewhere like the lady from Seattle who told of a shoe on a windowsill outside the hospital on a higher level floor that could not been seen from any location unless you were floating outside the window right next to it, where they later went and found it.

There are so many reported NDEs now, that researchers are breaking them down into groups and stereotyping the commonalities and differences of all the various reported aspects of NDEs into percentage pie-charts and such. A growing number of scientists are moving into this area of research and devoting money and effort to understand the true nature of consciousness, and there are also other branches of science coming to the similar conclusion that consciousness may not originate from the brain, but rather exists outside of the body, and that the brain is more like an antenna of sorts, accessing information from a larger field of energy. And NDE'ers always come back and say, 'we are all connected', 'being human gives an illusion of separation from the collective consciousness'.

There is a whole quantum universe you know, I mean science can't explain WHY quantum entanglement exists, only that it does.

Now I don't expect anyone to believe what I think I know as the true nature of things, but as a collective society, you will be hearing a lot more about this topic from the science community as we roll into the future. The cat is out of the bag already...

There is a lot of info out there, but only ones who seek for clarity, will eventually find it...

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to start another Covid / vaccine related thread, but I didn't want to post in the other thread because it has been corrupted by nothing but hate filled rhetoric.
As soon as this thread gets that way, I will report it myself to a moderator and request that it be closed to further comment.

I just wanted to float an idea I saw in an article today. The idea is that we need a "control group."

In order to assess whether there are long term affects of getting Covid and not being vaccinated ..... or possible long term effects of the vaccine .... it is necessary to have a control group to compare against.
Think of it as if the unvaccinated are the placebo group. A proper study always needs a placebo group .... right?

Maybe we should be thanking those brave unvaccinated people instead of trying to coerce and vilify them .... we need them for a long term control group.
I'm 70, (overweight) fat and diabetic. I will not be "jabbed" with experimental chems. I have a prescription for prophylaxis Ivermectin from a physician I found

Medicare Part D pays for the Ivermectin, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our creator is making it known to the world with higher intensity every day as time goes on. Study NDE phenomenon, just in America alone, there are 9 million reported cases of NDEs... With modern resuscitation techniques used by trauma care units and hospitals, more people are getting revived after cardiac arrest than anytime ever in the past, and live to tell the story of what they claim to have seen.

Of those, there are 2 types, non-medically verifiable (maybe happened at home with no doctor around to call time of death), and medically verified near death experiences (ones where flatline and time of death were called, some even confirm EKG and EEG, one or the other or both, were flatline).

Many verified NDEs, people have reported accurate detailed conversations going on by surgeons and seeing everything that they were doing from a vantage point at the ceiling (even when their physical eyes were taped shut for the surgery), reporting what the tools looked like with detail and what they were doing on them, conversations going on in other rooms of the hospital, and even other parts of the world.

Even reporting an object somewhere like the lady from Seattle who told of a shoe on a windowsill outside the hospital on a higher level floor that could not been seen from any location unless you were floating outside the window right next to it, where they later went and found it.

There are so many reported NDEs now, that researchers are breaking them down into groups and stereotyping the commonalities and differences of all the various reported aspects of NDEs into percentage pie-charts and such. A growing number of scientists are moving into this area of research and devoting money and effort to understand the true nature of consciousness, and there are also other branches of science coming to the similar conclusion that consciousness may not originate from the brain, but rather exists outside of the body, and that the brain is more like an antenna of sorts, accessing information from a larger field of energy. And NDE'ers always come back and say, 'we are all connected', 'being human gives an illusion of separation from the collective consciousness'.

There is a whole quantum universe you know, I mean science can't explain WHY quantum entanglement exists, only that it does.

Now I don't expect anyone to believe what I think I know as the true nature of things, but as a collective society, you will be hearing a lot more about this topic from the science community as we roll into the future. The cat is out of the bag already...

There is a lot of info out there, but only ones who seek for clarity, will eventually find it...
NDE are proven wrong beyond the randomness of being right. Glad we have more recording devices, almost everyone in western society has one in their pockets, with an addiction to the rare and unique yet no proof of supernatural

NDE are proven wrong beyond the randomness of being right. Glad we have more recording devices, almost everyone in western society has one in their pockets, with an addiction to the rare and unique yet no proof of supernatural

Alright.. well take care bro :geek:

A growing number of scientists are moving into this area of research and devoting money and effort to understand the true nature of consciousness, and there are also other branches of science coming to the similar conclusion that consciousness may not originate from the brain, but rather exists outside of the body, and that the brain is more like an antenna of sorts, accessing information from a larger field of energy. And NDE'ers always come back and say, 'we are all connected', 'being human gives an illusion of separation from the collective consciousness'.

"Faith" is a lot to ask of me. My parents attempted to indoctrinate me into the roman catholic church and I hated and resisted every second of it. I am not a "religious" person at all. I do see the utility of Religion however, especially for some personalities.

Religion become a catch all for anything currently unexplained. As a result of advancements in the last century, religions domain has shrunk considerably and atheist's have used the fact that we have answered a significant number of "acts of god" as evidence of the lack of god(s). As a result many people who aspire to be like Sam Harris feel that contemplating anything that is not tangible, measurable and repeatable makes you dumb. Maybe it does, but I will not close the door on anything until I understand it and that includes anything that has a tangible or perceived benefit. Personally I do not believe in a "god(s)" but I do very much so believe we are "connected" some how and there is something we have very little understanding/awareness of that is involved in that.

Yeah, he hooked me into this mess with that title.

Inflammatory? I posted it because it was true.

Not that vaccination made you more susceptible, but that it appeared to provide less protection than previous infection. (At least that data, from that environment in U.K. Somehow, the U.S. managed to show that vaccination was 5x more effective than previous infection. Which makes me doubt them.)

I'll take the vaccine, thank you.

the worst covid is survived by 99.5% of those infected. I'll happily take my chances.
Its sad that people don't understand basic mathematical concepts anymore....

If you had a 0.5% chance of dying every time you got into your car, would you still drive?

If only 99.5% of airplanes made it to their destination without crashing, would you still fly?

By the way, a far higher percentage of people who suffer through covid19 end up with long term medical issues.. So while they aren't part of the death statistics, they can end up with a variety of undesirable health effects..

Lifetime chance of dying in a car crash: 1 in 107 (1%, you have 99% chance of living to the end of your life without dying in a car crash.)

Covid - for people who survive first infection (99.5%), what fraction die from 2nd or later infection?

Between being selected for their body's natural defenses and their immune system having learned about Covid, I would expect much lower risk.
Unless, their health/organs have been permanently degraded.

the worst covid is survived by 99.5% of those infected. I'll happily take my chances.
Not sure where you found that number but it is WAY off. For the US, John Hopkins says its a 1.6% fatality rate with it being WAY higher if you have underlying problems like being over weight, heart issues, high blood pressure, diabetes...

Lifetime chance of dying in a car crash: 1 in 107 (1%, you have 99% chance of living to the end of your life without dying in a car crash.)

Covid - for people who survive first infection (99.5%), what fraction die from 2nd or later infection?

Between being selected for their body's natural defenses and their immune system having learned about Covid, I would expect much lower risk.
Unless, their health/organs have been permanently degraded.
That's a lifetime chance, not a per-event statistic.

I will admit I would have thought it much higher than that.

Passenger on an airplane: "Too few deaths in 2019 to calculate odds"

We are told air travel is safer than driving. It is, per mile. It isn't, per hour; roughly same as driving.
That's averages, for an above-average (safer) driver, car travel is safer per hour than commercial air travel.

Not sure yet whether Covid represents higher or lower lifetime risk than driving. (But I'm safer from Covid driving than taking the bus or subway.)
This relates back to your comment on math and risk.
I do wear my seat belt (in those of my cars which have one.) Some have airbags too, but I don't consider that much if any safety improvement (and not a good investment of Other People's Money by Congress)

Back