diy solar

diy solar

DOA daly smart 4s 250A

mikiemakiemoeko

So i finally got to assembly my battery pack. As I heard about daly issues I was very careful to sure every step is followed correctly.
FYI I'm an experienced electronics engineer

1. connect NTC and BT(uart) to
1. check balance wire voltages ( all referenced to black balance wire (batt ground)) 3.3 , 6.6, 9.9, 13.2 so that is all correct -> plug in balance connector
2. measure OHM on B-, P- as per instructions. 216k Ohm measured (should be 0 ohm).

So.. contacted daly support, have to wait for an answer. Anybody experienced something like this?
A BMS is such an simple piece of electronics and firmware ... not very handy that there is zero feedback from this device.
Tried uart or bt but that does not function.

Resistance from balance ground to B- (all unplugged) is 10R , seems a bit high but plausible, to P- it fluctuates about 0.5 - 1 M ohm (i.e switch is off) which seems to make sense. Hopefully this is salvageable, would suck if this has to be returned or whatever.

Put a charge 0.5V higher than the total battery voltage between P- and B+. I have the same bms. That woke it up. (so connect the charger to battery positive and BMS p- cable). It doesn't need to be a charger either, a regulated power supply or bench supply works just as well.

I will fire mine up tomorrow (before I put my battery in its box) and give you the details to stop it from going back to sleep. That way you can always check on it with the bluetooth.

set the sleep time for 65006 for the 48 volt version that i have... I do not know if its the same for yours.... thats DALY'S biggest problem... they are advancing so fast that nothing is the same from model to model especially when you cross the model lines from one voltage to antoher.

I also noticed an issue with the app/bms. When i am connected to the bms and put the discharge switch off. It works fine. When i disconnect the app and turn off bt on my phone i notice discharge switch turn on again. Is there a way to get this to "stick"?

Currently using it as a main switch. Which works well while it sticks.

Back