diy solar

diy solar

Docan 12V 230Ah Lifepo4 Battery Pack with Bluetooth BMS and LCD dispaly

hwse

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have any experience with with any of the new Docan pre-built 12v battery packs? I was looking at this 230Ah pack and four of them would fit into the battery tray on my motorhome. I think they are built with EVE 230Ah cells and the 200A JBD bluetooth BMS.

BMS SPECIFICATION
Size342*187*250
ASSEMBLY PACK SPECIFICATION
Connection Type4S1P
Nominal Voltage12.8V
Rated Capacity230Ah
Charging Voltage14.6V
Charging ModeConstant Current/Constant Voltage
Voltage at end of Discharge10V
Weight26Kgs
Internal Impedance<200mΩ
Rated Discharge Current200A

I noticed these batteries a few weeks ago. Been waiting on someone to comment. Was hoping there was going to be a tear down on them.

Basin Green is also selling a 480Ah x 12 in an 8D case which would let me install two of them to get 920Ah with no change to my current wiring.

Attachments

• 2x460Ah drop-in.png
    2x460Ah drop-in.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 10
I ended up ordering a couple of the Basin 480Ah x 12v packs. I will provide updates on the shipping and installation over the next couple of months.

I have Docan 280K cells in my DIY build and have been very happy with them but as I said, I ended up getting the Basen Green 460Ah packs because they had a better size fit and were about a $1000 less for the same 920Ah capacity. I just completed my capacity testing, and they gave me 925Ah although one of the packs is quite a bit more out of balance than I would like to see. I will see if it will improve or degrade over the coming months.

Attachments

• 20221230_141026.jpg
    20221230_141026.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 16
HWSE -

Any updates here ??

Im just about to pull the trigger on one or two of the Docan pre-built 12V 230AH batteries.

I’ll explore the BasenGreen 480s also.

Thank you !!

SW

Last edited:
They came in on the day they said it would and for the most part I have been very happy with them. The only challenge was that the cells were not top balanced and the first time I charged them, one had a 300mv delta and the other was over 200mv. The worse battery could not be charge above 13.6v without triggering OVP and the "better" one could not get above 14.0v. Given that the JBD BMS only has stupid passive balancing, it was a long and slow process to get them to a decent balance. The good news is that even with those large deltas, the total capacity out of the box came to 925Ah which was more than label. After balancing, they both are putting out over 480Ah.
To balance them without breaking open the sealed case, I would charge one battery until the highest cell reached 3.65v and then I would turn off both charge and discharge FETs and with "charge balance off" would let it work for a day. rinse and repeat for a month and I had two batteries that could be charged to 14.4v and had much better capacity than I expected.

Back