diy solar

diy solar

Docan 280 EVE cells - 2023 Quality check (update: Bad experience - scam beware)

xristostsilis

Hello!

I recently bought Grade A cells from Docan Poland warehouse 280ah EVE cells.

They seem good, no visible bloat or something plus they all have the same voltage. I just read on this forum that recently the quality of the 280ah eve is not good(unfortunately I saw that after I got them) and I just want to make sure that I don't have a problem here. Is there any test that I should do?

For example the only thing I am planning to do is to plug them into the BMS and then into my hybrid solar inverter and check if capacity is real. Should I do anything else? I have heard that there are some applications to check the barcode but I can't find them.

I am new here so I could use some good advice. Should I upload some photos here?

Please give me some help!

I've walked away from doing that as well: I use a BMS with active balancing and they will get top balanced within a few weeks automatically.
I would too ... But my BMSs are of the Overkill Solar variety so the balancing is pretty micro in those. If I was using Heltec with the 2 Amp I'd do that too

This could very well be a fake QR code. The decoder at https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html also says the code length is wrong.
It could be that Docan has decided to remove the 'B' mark from the cell coming form EVE and replace the entire QR code - which I told them at some point not to do because it will cost them customers. Is this a sticker over the original one? Or erased and redone? Are the other QR codes the same number or is there a variation?
Alternatively, it could be that EVE changed code style and this is not recognized by the scanner yet, but I somehow doubt that..

This could very well be a fake QR code. The decoder at https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html also says the code length is wrong.
It could be that Docan has decided to remove the 'B' mark from the cell coming form EVE and replace the entire QR code - which I told them at some point not to do because it will cost them customers. Is this a sticker over the original one? Or erased and redone? Are the other QR codes the same number or is there a variation?
Alternatively, it could be that EVE changed code style and this is not recognized by the scanner yet, but I somehow doubt that..

image.jpg

Here’s another QR. No, there’s not much variation between the 2 random picked cells. I don’t know whether it is a sticker or not. I”ll have to pull the whole black tape and I don’t wanna do that as I may have to speak with docan about it.

Back