diy solar

diy solar

Docan 280 EVE cells - 2023 Quality check (update: Bad experience - scam beware)

What do you guys think? Should I talk with docan? They told me they were brand new but they definitely aren’t

Good luck with Docan, I had problems with a JBD BMS from them and Amy wasn't helpful at all !!!
I am sure the batteries I bought from them over a year ago are grade B
I won't use Docan again.

There are no 'grade A' and 'grade B' cells - those are just marketing terms that the vendors started using; EVE doesn't use the term. You either have EV batteries, or you have ones that didn't make the cut. Unless you buy them from Luyuan for example and get the test results from EVE (and paid the higher price for them), you don't have EV grade cells.

I did tell Docan not to change QR codes and just cell them honestly, but I guess they didn't listen. Are the cells going to be an issue? Likely not. I'm running 'grade B' cells for three years already without issues. You can complain about it to Docan, but I doubt you get anything out of them. Will I buy from them in the future: very likely. They're good cells, they ship actual cells and not bricks, and they're pretty cheap.

View attachment 145772

I cleaned it a little bit and it’s definitely sanded!

literally all alibaba/express sellers been doing this for years. But it doesn't mean they are bad, well not bad for what most people do.

See this video, not that much difference between EV grade and Non, most of the time. But yes you will need to test yourself cell by cell, if you don't then pony up the cash for EV grade.

Personally I think grade B prices are ridiculously high, they should be $80-90/cell like they were back in 2019, these 120-140/cell are scam levels. Lithium prices have come down and shipping is back to normal.

Also 1 thing you should note, they were taking CATL 302 cells and selling them as CATL 280 cells which were passing capacity test easily (because they were actually grade B 302)

There maybe a chance they are doing the same with the EVE 280K, taking grade B 304, re-lasering them as EVE280K in which case you will have very good capacity ratings but in reality not so much.

Meh, avoid sellers that do this, go to 18650batterystore.com same price, without the lies they state grade B cells and don't do sanding. Luyuan is also clear about this and so is Gobel.

I just checked the pictures I took of the battery before I cleaned it and it is very visible that they sand it under the barcode and then they laser a new barcode on top.

FYI I spoke with docan, they are gonna ask their boss on what could they do. They asked for 1 day to get response from their boss but the day has ended and no response. I asked them and they didn’t read the message yet while before they replied in minutes.

Check the picture before cleaning the glue, sanding is very obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_1642.png
    IMG_1642.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Also I guess I failed scanning the barcode the first time as it’s not clean to the camera lens because of the sanding happening around this area!

I will try to resolve the issue with them and inform you guys on how this will end. At the moment they don’t reply at all!

Also 1 thing you should note, they were taking CATL 302 cells and selling them as CATL 280 cells which were passing capacity test easily (because they were actually grade B 302)

There maybe a chance they are doing the same with the EVE 280K, taking grade B 304, re-lasering them as EVE280K in which case you will have very good capacity ratings but in reality not so much.

Meh, avoid sellers that do this, go to 18650batterystore.com same price, without the lies they state grade B cells and don't do sanding. Luyuan is also clear about this and so is Gobel.
18650batterystore is us only, this forum is not

Give them until next week Tuesday or so. It is weekend after all. But yeah, keep us posted!
They told me yesterday that they were going to give me an explanation today so I guess they just don’t want to answer and they don’t value my time.

Of course I will wait until next week to give them some time but i doubt they are gonna answer.

18650batterystore is us only, this forum is not
Yup I am from the EU, I could use NKON and buy 100% Grade A cells while getting VAT invoice and be 100% safe, unfortunately I saw that they sell EVE cells after I bought them from Docan. NKON is not perfect but for sure they are not scammers, they sell grade B cells cheaper than Docan when you deduct VAT. Docan not only lies, but you pay a premium for something that others sell cheaper

There should be a sticky post on this subforum for reputable sellers around the world and keep it updated when lots of people report problems with a seller, just a thought to help others.

Yup I am from the EU, I could use NKON and buy 100% Grade A cells while getting VAT invoice and be 100% safe, unfortunately I saw that they sell EVE cells after I bought them from Docan. NKON is not perfect but for sure they are not scammers, they sell grade B cells cheaper than Docan when you deduct VAT. Docan not only lies, but you pay a premium for something that others sell cheaper

There should be a sticky post on this subforum for reputable sellers around the world and keep it updated when lots of people report problems with a seller, just a thought to help others.
I think it's too hard to keep up with who is reputable. Many times a seller will start off reputable and sell a bunch of really good cells and then later on start dumping a bunch of bad cells

Many times a seller will start off reputable and sell a bunch of really good cells and then later on start dumping a bunch of bad cells

Thats not a coincidence, that is the plan all along! Get people to start chattering and ranting and raving and then flood the remaining orders with the BS stock. If it gets too bad then start up another company.

As long as people think they are getting a deal this will continue, this is what happens when you live in a High Trust Society like the West and engage with a Low Trust Society like the East.

Sorry but I called this one: First it was Xuba, then it was Basen, and now we have Docan. I'm sure there will be another one to take there place soon.

Thats not a coincidence, that is the plan all along! Get people to start chattering and ranting and raving and then flood the remaining orders with the BS stock. If it gets too bad then start up another company.

As long as people think they are getting a deal this will continue, this is what happens when you live in a High Trust Society like the West and engage with a Low Trust Society like the East.

Sorry but I called this one: First it was Xuba, then it was Basen, and now we have Docan. I'm sure there will be another one to take there place soon.
“As long as people think they are getting a deal this will continue, this is what happens when you live in a High Trust Society like the West and engage with a Low Trust Society like the East.”

No it’s the opposite we in the west do not trust so we question everything, the Chinese trust each other and there are unscrupulous types in every society and that’s why their quality control is so shitty

So it seems that I waited 3 days for nothing. They finally replied with some videos showing perfectly fine batteries while we all know they ship scratched barcodes on top of grade B batteries. They told me I can return them for a refund only if the batteries are in the state they shipped it.

These guys might try to not even refund me and claim that I damaged them or something.

I asked them to ship real Grade A cells, and then I will return them but they denied.

Unfortunately I can’t upload videos here to show you guys what they sent me.

What would you do in my case? I haven’t test them yet I don’t know if they pull capacity either

So it seems that I waited 3 days for nothing. They finally replied with some videos showing perfectly fine batteries while we all know they ship scratched barcodes on top of grade B batteries. They told me I can return them for a refund only if the batteries are in the state they shipped it.

These guys might try to not even refund me and claim that I damaged them or something.

I asked them to ship real Grade A cells, and then I will return them but they denied.

What would you do in my case? I haven’t test them yet I don’t know if they pull capacity either
use them...
simple as that

Most people here will say, well its the Chinese... Its ok for them to commit fraud.

If I were you, and you paid with paypal or cc, I would take photos of the scam qr code, demand a full refund and keep the cells as well. No payment company is going to force you to return counterfeit items, you can tell them you do not want to get into legal trouble shipping counterfeit merchandise.

Seems harsh, but unless you hit these companies in the wallet they will keep doing this, I go back to my very first experience with Alibaba and a counterfeit IWATA spray gun, long story short I submitted photos of a real gun and a fake gun and I ended up getting to keep both as well as my get my money back. The counterfeit gun worked fine btw, but, the fact that the seller stated it was genuine when it wasn't basically entitled me to force the seller to forfeit the sale and issue a refund.

Not sure what the law is in the EU, but I don't think you are under any obligation to return counterfeit (and yes fake qr code on grade B usually will classify as counterfeit) items. You can check.

Now if you paid with bank transfer, then yes you are stuck with them, use them no other choice, you can vent your frustration but it will achieve nothing.

i have been beating this drum for about 6 months now... nobody get new cells. you have received cells that came out of a public bus or a forklift or whatever the CCP government prescribed as a vehicle that needed its batteries changed. the used batteries were sold to a second hand dealer who then claims they are new.

Why? because you cannot sell or ship hazmat between developing nations and other nations. this is to prevent the shipping of hazmat (hazardous materials between rich and poor countries for disposal purposes). The CCP has decided to allow them to sell to other countries used batteries.. claiming they are new and screw the end user. nothing more nor less.

the minute you think the CCP cares about you is the minute you made your mistake.

Asians in general do not care about other countries laws. they flaunt it daily. i live in japan, one of the better countries over here and I can tell you their only purpose is to circumnavigate the rules... any else is a side line issue.

so you have a set of used cells, from a bus, or other prime mover... you are not drawing at 1C or 2C, you are drawing at .2C or in that area.... they will last as long as you want

so just give it up, you do not have new cells, you do not have automotive grade. you have cells coming out of a E Bus or E Forklift or something of the same ilk...

CCP= Communist Controlled Party IE what the US is becoming....

They control production, sales any metric you care to map out... and they control exports as well... Think about it.

Back