diy solar

diy solar

Docan 8x EVE 280ah slightly swollen

How was the capacity? Did it test the same as represented?
I will perform thorough testing in the next 2-3 weeks, will provide report. I do not expect these cells reaching their capacity but we'll see.

I read some interesting announcement on Globelpower about the EVE cells - look on this: https://www.gobelpower.com/eve-32v-280ah-rechargeable-lifepo4-battery-cell_p6.html

Globelpower1.png

Seems to be acknowledged problem on the market and EVE is or will be marking the worse cells with B printed on them.

For the price Docan sells the cells as grade "A", perfect (lying with fake pictures and reports), Globel describes and sells the cells properly:

Globelpower123.png

Last edited:
Just to add, to honesty of Globelpower, when you check shop of EVE on Alibaba - they sell the 280Ah cells for 252 USD/piece (https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.19.19e77c16YRsFy5)

1666216837658.png

How sub-sellers could sell the same quality cells for 40% of manufacturer's price and make reasonable profit? They can't... and sell the waste they buy from EVE as "grade A" cells - as Globelpower describes the process on their website (although describes in a soft way).

How do you verify that they are really matched? That word may have several meanings in Chinese as does the term "Grade A".
I am not referring to how Gobelpower "match" cells, just to what pointed about accessibility of LF280K cells and how they group them, presenting 3 groups: ESS, LSEV and HSEV. The HSEV is what EVE, as manufacturer, sells for 252 USD - grade A. The LSEV Gobelpower selects from the "waste" they buy from EVE and gurantee match capacity. The shit we got from Docan, ESS, in eyes of Gobelpower won't even match capacity test.

Also, Gobel explains that EVE started - due to this false practice of last months - mark the cells as "B", how they should be sold to us in first place.

Last edited:
It is about honesty... Docan lies when compared to Globelpower, Globelpower does not hide the cell you can buy from them for the same price won't have guarantee of matching capacity test.

Personally, I regret buying from Docan and only after making the mistake and learning here what happened, will appreciate more Globelpower - hope they won't become scammers when will decide buy next batch from them in some future.

Last edited:
It is kind of normal that these Chinese companies pretend to sell something better than they sell, just to get things moved. I had better opinion about Docan, based on what seen on the Web about them. Having experienced and understood the situation... never again Docan for me!

Last edited:
I am not referring to how Gobelpower "match" cells, just to what pointed about accessibility of LF280K cells and how they group them, presenting 3 groups: ESS, LSEV and HSEV. The HSEV is what EVE, as manufacturer, sells for 252 USD - grade A. The LSEV Gobelpower selects from the "waste" they buy from EVE and gurantee match capacity. The shit we got from Docan, ESS, in eyes of Gobelpower won't even match capacity test.

Also, Gobel explains that EVE started - due to this false practice of last months - mark the cells as "B", how they should be sold to us in first place.
Did you order from Gobel yet, I have been looking at them but not sure what the quality will like, so please do a follow up on the transaction and the test result, thanks!
BTW, are you in the US? Did they apply sale tax now too? I'm in California.

No one really cares about the B or even laser, all that matters is OHH! 4 cells for $105.00/ea! Omg buy buy buy.
Here you are wrong - everyone cares. I believe you are being ironic to make fun of people's run for best deal. Is it bad? Because of this care, these companies like Docan become scammers as not many wilfully decide buy B grade cells - so the scammers promise quality, show pristine test results or perfect pictures of your shipment. When it arrives... well... all that remains is grieve. I do not mind buy and use B for some applications. In fact, because people care and were ripped off, EVE started mark these B grade cells we were sold with B letter.

Wow, reminds me of the days when making DIY solar panels were a thing, (waste of time unless for educational purposes) and guys were buying "Grade A" individual solar cells and soldering them all up.

Not realizing that only Grade-A went to OEM manufacturers. What you got instead were cells that didn't pass flash-tests, had micro-cracks, etc so that they never even got the anti-reflective coating applied.

And here I am, winter fast approaching, powering my heating system, lights, a couple of computers, and the clothes dryer at the moment all from cells bought almost three years ago for $100/cell shipping included - and not encountered a single issue with them. The other 32 I got at the beginning of the year from Docan are perfectly fine as well. It's 5C outside and 22C inside and the batteries sit at around 75%.
In other words, do a capacity test, if they're close enough, put them to work and stop worrying.

And here I am, winter fast approaching, powering my heating system, lights, a couple of computers, and the clothes dryer at the moment all from cells bought almost three years ago for $100/cell shipping included - and not encountered a single issue with them. The other 32 I got at the beginning of the year from Docan are perfectly fine as well. It's 5C outside and 22C inside and the batteries sit at around 75%.
In other words, do a capacity test, if they're close enough, put them to work and stop worrying.
You can tell this guy the same ->
He received his "super car", it drives etc. Rain rains and he can hide in it, maybe turn on heating so what is wrong with this guy, should he be happy?

These batteries will likely work for some time - cycled once a week maybe even for their lifetime (5-8 years). Won't trash them because they are grade B, at the end have some value but that is not equal to grade A. It does not, however, change situation that this is not the product Docan advertised, promised to deliver = Docan does not mean honesty and/or quality, if it was the case in the past - it is not the case today.

JimJoe,

It was nice knowing you, I tried to warn you in a PM but you are rocking the boat here, there is a unwritten rule on the forums regarding bashing grade B cells and vendors...
You can tell this guy the same ->
He received his "super car", it drives etc. Rain rains and he can hide in it, maybe turn on heating so what is wrong with this guy, should he be happy?

These batteries will likely work for some time - cycled once a week maybe even for their lifetime (5-8 years). Won't trash them because they are grade B, at the end have some value but that is not equal to grade A. It does not, however, change situation that this is not the product Docan advertised, promised to deliver = Docan does not mean honesty and/or quality, if it was the case in the past - it is not the case today.

Let me explain how this works, they buy cells from a pallet at auction, it has all types of grade B cells, some that are almost grade A, some in the middle, and some that are bad.

Ok these sellers are selling them ALL, they are NOT going to take the hit and just discard the bad ones. So when you place the order, just pray you get either the ones that are just short of being grade A or at the least the middle of the pack, but don't cry if you get some dud cells.

This is always how grade B cells have worked, buy more than you need and be willing to take the hit if you get some bad ones.

If you don't like these odds you should get retail batteries, or pay for the grade A EV price which is going to be 1.5-2x more and hardly anyone carries them because everyone is looking for the cheapest price.

Ok these sellers are selling them ALL, they are NOT going to take the hit and just discard the bad ones. So when you place the order, just pray you get either the ones that are just short of being grade A or at the least the middle of the pack, but don't cry if you get some dud cells.

This is always how grade B cells have worked, buy more than you need and be willing to take the hit if you get some bad ones.

If you don't like these odds you should get retail batteries, or pay for the grade A EV price which is going to be 1.5-2x more and hardly anyone carries them because everyone is looking for the cheapest price.

Accurate. If not paying for the EV rated cells (with test reports), be sure and purchase an extra cell or two.
The cells not rated "grade Automotive" are generally a good value and perform adequately for our use cases, however you are likely to get a bad cell or two. I highly recommend ordering extra, and fully testing each cell to allow you to only use the best. Your pack will perform only as well as your weakest cell.

What I find hilarious is that Lampard Li will create an account on the forums and defend the packing when it affects them direclty, but anything reagaring all the grade A vs grade B they stay silent.

Even though there official stance is that the recycle all cells that fail testing :LOL:

Just to add, to honesty of Globelpower, when you check shop of EVE on Alibaba - they sell the 280Ah cells for 252 USD/piece (https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.19.19e77c16YRsFy5)

View attachment 117058

How sub-sellers could sell the same quality cells for 40% of manufacturer's price and make reasonable profit? They can't... and sell the waste they buy from EVE as "grade A" cells - as Globelpower describes the process on their website (although describes in a soft way).
Your example here is for a SINGLE CELL SAMPLE.. that's why the price is so high. If you want regular price... order a minimum quantity of 4. Note the "Samples" in the upper left corner and MOQ of 1.

Back