diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power Battery

The JKBMS supports up to 24 cells. Easy to config for 16 or 17. This installation runs like a charm. Squeezed another kilowatt out of the bank. 14 kw not 13. I monitor and log every cell every minute, for the last year. Nothing common about 3.2 volts for a cell voltage. That's all new with the new technology. Why shouldn't 17 instead of 16 be the new norm. It is no longer a 2 volt per lead acid cell world.

Wed, 09 Mar 2022 20:00:23 DEBUG JKBMS tot=56.34v low=3.311v high=3.317v delta=0.006v soc=77%
c1=3.311v c2=3.315v c3=3.314v c4=3.312v c5=3.315v c6=3.312v c7=3.316v c8=3.314v c9=3.312v
c10=3.314v c11=3.317v c12=3.316v c13=3.315v c14=3.315v c15=3.314v c16=3.315v c17=3.316v

I'm confused. How many batteries can the Docan batteries support?

I was thinking of buying 4 of these to build a 24v 200ah battery. Is this possible with the Docan Power batteries?

There is a picture on their website of a 12v 200ah battery. I might just wait for that which I'm hoping will have 200a instead of 100a BMS.

I've read this website for years but am just about to put my toe in the water.

I write about mine. 3.2v single cells. Yes, they make 12 volt ones too. My install is the 280 ah cells.

I'm confused. How many batteries can the Docan batteries support?

I was thinking of buying 4 of these to build a 24v 200ah battery. Is this possible with the Docan Power batteries?

There is a picture on their website of a 12v 200ah battery. I might just wait for that which I'm hoping will have 200a instead of 100a BMS.

I've read this website for years but am just about to put my toe in the water.

I had to re-read this a few times...
So you're looking at their pre-built 100A battery pack? Like the Chins or AmperTime ones on amazon? They did not bring those over to the US warehouse - they are shipped from China. My original inquiry with Amy was for a 200A version of those. Not long after I decided to just get cells and build a DIY battery.

I'm not aware of 200A bms' on 100A OFS batteries. Some can be wired in parallel or series. AFAIK their batteries do not support either. Probably best to email her directly and inquire.

I had to re-read this a few times...
So you're looking at their pre-built 100A battery pack? Like the Chins or AmperTime ones on amazon? They did not bring those over to the US warehouse - they are shipped from China. My original inquiry with Amy was for a 200A version of those. Not long after I decided to just get cells and build a DIY battery.

I'm not aware of 200A bms' on 100A OFS batteries. Some can be wired in parallel or series. AFAIK their batteries do not support either. Probably best to email her directly and inquire.
How odd. They show the batteries under the US stock side. There are none listed under the China supply side. One of their JBD BMS support series ($140 version) while the other does not($125).

You're absolutely right. I should just email and find out. I'll update this thread once I get an answer to this. Too important not to know before buying.

This is the picture I was referring to and causing confusion with I believe. It shows the 12v 200ah prebuilt battery pack with their logo. https://www.docanpower.com/image/catalog/product/DOCAN 12v 100/pack2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, they just didn’t bring stock to Houston on those.
Maybe the 100A ones, thay have already posted they’re not rated for series connecting.

Yeah, they just didn’t bring stock to Houston on those.
Maybe the 100A ones, thay have already posted they’re not rated for series connecting.
This is Amy Zheng from Docan company.

Houston location also have Docan 12V 100A battery instock, and yes this battery with JBD 100A BMS it support series connections.

Yes, our factory are beging to make 12V 200A and higher battery packs. It need some time to do QC testing, once samples done we will arrange some to Houston too.

Any quetions welcome to email me directly, I will reply you soon.

They are for my boat. I ordered 8 for the main bank (4s2p) in the stern and 4 for a second bank in the bow. Using 2 JKBMS 200A, one for each. Interfaced via RS485 to two MPPT regulators and the engine alternator cotroller.

I've been testing the BMSs (GOOD!) and writing the firmware for the MPPTs and engine alternator controller. I am enhancing devices I previously designed, built and used with a large (510AH) AGM bank which has worn out after 11yrs.

Back