diy solar

diy solar

Docan Power EVE 304AH LiPO 2nd batch No bueno

SunnyNM

I was going to buy 3 of the Signature Solar EG4 batteries and a six rack battery rack with an eye on expansion in the future. 100AH each 48V battery $1500 each along with a Growatt inverter. Then I came across a video espousing the quality of the EVE batteries from Docan. So I took a look and I decided that I could get significantly more AH for a little more money if I went separate cells from Docan. So in early February I ordered 16 of the EVE 304AH batteries. My goal was to order another 16 right away and then another 16 towards year end if the first batch passed muster. The first batch arrived around mid February. The packaging was fantastic and the batteries pristine. I was able to set them up and started top balancing them in batchs of 8 since I have two power supplies. The batteries fit up flat to each other and the voltage reading on each battery was consistent. So I immediately ordered a second batch of 16.
This is where things changed a little. Most of the boxes were factory fresh just as all of the first batch were. But some of the boxes seemed to have a little more shipping handling on them. A couple of the boxes had been retaped. One box had a big ding in the corner. Upon inspection a corner of the battery was damaged and white powder was exposed. I got in touch with Amy Zhang who offered me a $50 reduction in price or to replace the battery at Docan's shipping costs. I chose to have the battery replaced. So as soon as I gave Amy a UPS tracking number and verified that it had been dropped off at the UPS shipper she immediatly sent me a replacement battery.
I've been kind of leaning towards not saying anything to the group about the retaped boxes but I decided to say something today after finding the replacement battery is a little bulgy as I was linking them up for top balancing. Whereas the first set of batterys flushed right up to each other this is not the case with the second set. Not all are bulgy but two are. I also noticed that there is a tiny dent in the corner of one of the second set of batterys. Voltages tested out fine so I hope bulgy or not the batteries work fine.
This does color my third set decision so I won't be ordering it as I had hoped. I just may go back to my original rack system idea of the EG4 batterys from SS.
Too bad. I thought I had a reliable source for batteries.
Your mileage may vary.

This does color my third set decision
It should.

70% good shipments gives you 50-50 random chance of having both good.

With 3 shipments your chance is 1/3 all good.

To get the base rate of good shipments we need to hear from many others as to what percent of shipments were bad, out of how many shipments.

Of course, if you notify the shipper, then the events are not independent & it may take extra care that you get good ones.

Last edited:
I was going to buy 3 of the Signature Solar EG4 batteries and a six rack battery rack with an eye on expansion in the future. 100AH each 48V battery $1500 each along with a Growatt inverter. Then I came across a video espousing the quality of the EVE batteries from Docan. So I took a look and I decided that I could get significantly more AH for a little more money if I went separate cells from Docan. So in early February I ordered 16 of the EVE 304AH batteries. My goal was to order another 16 right away and then another 16 towards year end if the first batch passed muster. The first batch arrived around mid February. The packaging was fantastic and the batteries pristine. I was able to set them up and started top balancing them in batchs of 8 since I have two power supplies. The batteries fit up flat to each other and the voltage reading on each battery was consistent. So I immediately ordered a second batch of 16.
This is where things changed a little. Most of the boxes were factory fresh just as all of the first batch were. But some of the boxes seemed to have a little more shipping handling on them. A couple of the boxes had been retaped. One box had a big ding in the corner. Upon inspection a corner of the battery was damaged and white powder was exposed. I got in touch with Amy Zhang who offered me a $50 reduction in price or to replace the battery at Docan's shipping costs. I chose to have the battery replaced. So as soon as I gave Amy a UPS tracking number and verified that it had been dropped off at the UPS shipper she immediatly sent me a replacement battery.
I've been kind of leaning towards not saying anything to the group about the retaped boxes but I decided to say something today after finding the replacement battery is a little bulgy as I was linking them up for top balancing. Whereas the first set of batterys flushed right up to each other this is not the case with the second set. Not all are bulgy but two are. I also noticed that there is a tiny dent in the corner of one of the second set of batterys. Voltages tested out fine so I hope bulgy or not the batteries work fine.
This does color my third set decision so I won't be ordering it as I had hoped. I just may go back to my original rack system idea of the EG4 batterys from SS.
Your mileage may vary.
Were you able to capacity test them? Let us know. I have read these cells can expand a bit while charging and still be ok capacity wise. Amy at Luyuan sells new cells with test results, expensive but likely still cheaper than the EG4s. People seem happy with her "true" grade As..

Just received my 16 x LF280K from Docan as well. Mine looks great.
I would not worry too much about a slight bulge as long as the capacity tests ok. Depending on the amount of bulge they might simply be in a different state of charge to the others ? It is my understanding that they will bulge slightly at high state of charge if not compressed.

This is a disappointing experience to read about (especially as someone who recently ordered from Docan).

It is a shame they kicked all the vendors off the forum, because it would have been nice to be able to get the vendor to address the concerns raised here, publicly.

I thought a little bulgy was normal. Is not that the reason for so many threads on compression?
Yes, please post a picture.

Your mileage may vary.
I have ordered 96 in 32 batch increments and nothing wrong with any of them. They were from Docan but from Jenny Wu not Amy.
Not sure if that makes any difference.

Never mind, figured it out. Just one discription said Eve cells, other says Catl

Back