diy solar

diy solar

Docan Technology

Alloy

Anyone order/receive 280Ah cells from Docan Tech. in the last month?

Also wondering if they ship from Huston or Guangdong?

Yes. I ordered and received 64 cells. LF280K. Cells not tested yet but they look great. Jenny Wu from Docan Tech was (and continues to be) awesome to work with. She provided the best communication and updates. When she didn't know the answers to technical questions, she followed up with answers from those in her company that could answer the questions and provided technical documentation. I was a bit of a pain I think, trying to avoid the typical grade B delivery when promised grade A nightmares. Even so, she responded to all my probing questions quickly and professionally.

Shipping from the Texas warehouse to the North woods of Wisconsin was so fast and coordinated in a way I can barely believe for a delivery that originated in China. We get arctic cold spells up there and I wanted to avoid shipment during a sub zero stretch. Jenny updated me as soon as the cells were in Texas then initiated the shipment to the North woods within hours of my request to do so. It's going to be a few months until I can test them all but everything was so much better than any purchase I've ever made from China.

They do look like brand new grade A cells. Flat, UPCs, no dents, no markings on terminals / posts. Busbars and nuts came in manilla envelope. I hope the people who buy cells for Docan recognize how important it is to continue to provide grade A product. They seem to have everything (customer service / shipping) dialed in.

If anybody else has tested a batch of LF280K from Jenny in December, would you please post your method and capacity?

IMG_0234.JPG.

I ordered a 16s set on Dec 27th and got them in 5 days ! Excellent shape too; just like Jimmy's.
I'm in TN.

Ordered 16 in Sept from Huston, took 4 days to FL. Ordered 34 from China Oct 21,21 and received early Dec 2021. Shipping time was less than 8 weeks. Cells are pristine. Have not tested yet. Plan to start assembly next week. Thx @Amy Zheng at Doncan

My 8 - 230's took a bit over a week, but they got stuck in Boise for 3 days, and Oregon for 2 days, then locally for another day because of bad weather. Packaging was amazing. Cells look perfect, all at 3.29. Now to let them warm up in the house for a few days before making a compressing box and top balancing. Then installing the 2 overkill bms, 4s2p. Jenny Wu was very easy to deal with, with good communication. Shipped next day from Houston after ordering.PXL_20220106_022757183.jpg

My 8 - 230's took a bit over a week, but they got stuck in Boise for 3 days, and Oregon for 2 days, then locally for another day because of bad weather. Packaging was amazing. Cells look perfect, all at 3.29. Now to let them warm up in the house for a few days before making a compressing box and top balancing. Then installing the 2 overkill bms, 4s2p. Jenny Wu was very easy to deal with, with good communication. Shipped next day from Houston after ordering.View attachment 78502
PXL_20220106_023011949.jpg

Got my 8 LF230's a couple days ago. They look great! All 8 measured 3.291V with a fluke 87 V.
Ordered these from Jenny Wu who responded very promptly to all inquiries. Just started the process of capacity testing.
Going to be a few days.

Attachments

• LF_230.jpg
    LF_230.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15
Received my 4 280ah cells today from the Docan Texas warehouse. I received the shipment in about 2 days after placing the order. Amy Zheng was my contact person and she was really great. Communication was spot on and I knew every step. Cells were grade A with welded studs delivered for $147 each. Go Docan!

I am a little curious about the two terminal styles for lf230 cells. Some of you are getting much larger square shaped contact pads and some are half inch round threaded sockets like I got.

Beautiful packaging and cells are pristine though. They are taking FOREVER to charge fully to top balance. I’m on day 3 with the bench power supply - they hold a LOT of juice.

Last edited:
Hmm, just tried the "official email" and got a bounce back. I have to admit I am pretty worried about getting ripped off and this is not a good start.

Add my name to the Houston warehouse purchase list and Jenny Wu as my salesperson. Excellent transaction and customer service....and just as important....battery cells excellent. Arrival voltages Cells 1-3....3.289 Cell 4....3.388 (y)

Today i measured 80 cells that i received end of march. labels are printed with 0.17 and 0.18 milli ohm, but i measured between 0.52 and 0.58 with YR1035+ and verified with an expensive Fluke .. :(

Possibly dumb question but is the battery in your DMM good? There was a post here recently that suggested a poor battery in a DMM could affect it's accuracy? Honestly have no idea, just a shot in the dark :)

Back