diy solar

diy solar

Documenting Purchase from Amy Wan of Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co. LTD. Alibaba

Generated edit to first post to document progress.

Thank you to Will Prowse for adding the ability to back edit old posts, this will make al future documentation much better!

I also ordered from Amy Wan. Payment on August 12, ship on Sep 2. One thing I noticed on Alibaba's site, is a mention of "Delayed dispatch". I just checked, and they still have not changed the shipping status. Do you see this on your order also?

I also ordered from Amy Wan. Payment on August 12, ship on Sep 2. One thing I noticed on Alibaba's site, is a mention of "Delayed dispatch". I just checked, and they still have not changed the shipping status. Do you see this on your order also?
At least on my most recent order, it seems that the cells must be ordered from EVE, and then possibly repackaged and sent. I suspect that the delay is likely EVE, not Amy. This is assuming you ordered the grade A cells.

At least on my most recent order, it seems that the cells must be ordered from EVE, and then possibly repackaged and sent. I suspect that the delay is likely EVE, not Amy. This is assuming you ordered the grade A cells.
If I indeed have a delay, I suspect that it is with the container loading and/or the ship. My situation matches myles. Amy sent pictures of my boxes on the pallet, a picture of the label showing my name, and a link to test data. As far as Amy and EVE are concerned, the order is on the way. My hope is that the "delayed dispatch" is just a case of Alibaba not updating the status, which is why I'm curious if the op's order status shows anything different. Also, I suspect that there could be logistic differences between shipping to USA vs Canada. BTW, yes on the grade A cells.

If I indeed have a delay, I suspect that it is with the container loading and/or the ship. My situation matches myles. Amy sent pictures of my boxes on the pallet, a picture of the label showing my name, and a link to test data. As far as Amy and EVE are concerned, the order is on the way. My hope is that the "delayed dispatch" is just a case of Alibaba not updating the status, which is why I'm curious if the op's order status shows anything different. Also, I suspect that there could be logistic differences between shipping to USA vs Canada. BTW, yes on the grade A cells.
Mine were shipped on 9/23 and show no delay, so likely I missed whatever is holding up yours.
Other than shipping to Canada likely goes through a less busy port, I wouldn't think there are a lot of differences.

I suspect "delayed dispatch" means "someone paid more money and bumped your container to the next ship".

Mine were shipped on 9/23 and show no delay, so likely I missed whatever is holding up yours.
Other than shipping to Canada likely goes through a less busy port, I wouldn't think there are a lot of differences.

I suspect "delayed dispatch" means "someone paid more money and bumped your container to the next ship".
Thanks for your feedback. BTW, the delayed dispatch thing isn't obvious when looking at your orders page. I clicked on the "view more" link, and found the delayed dispatch under shipping details. Didn't go looking for it, just stumbled upon it.

I guess given the current status of sea shipping, I could be bumped more than once...

Thanks for your feedback. BTW, the delayed dispatch thing isn't obvious when looking at your orders page. I clicked on the "view more" link, and found the delayed dispatch under shipping details. Didn't go looking for it, just stumbled upon it.

I guess given the current status of sea shipping, I could be bumped more than once...
Yes, Alibaba seems to make it difficult to find information at times, mine just says:

2021-09-23 03:17:00 (Wan Amy) Shipped
Shipping time: Shipped on 2021-09-23

2021-09-23 03:16:50 (Wan Amy) Shipped

But it is split in half and going to two different addresses. I do have pictures of the boxes and labels.

I ordered 8x 280AH EVE New Version LF280K from Amy

Payment date: 2021-09-19
Shipping date: 2021-09-29

Which matches the 10 days of processing time she told me about it.

She also sent pictures of the boxes and label with test values of cells, which look great to me:
Screenshot 2021-09-30 093749.jpg

i agree, great service so far, shipping will take longer there are a mass amount of freighter ships sitting waiting to be unloaded, i am experiencing this in every avenue of my business right now as well. Just be patient and it will come, i have other items coming from overseas on ship and it is about a 3 week delay in just getting ships loaded and shipped out. This is why i ordered now and am only building in spring, i have other building materials for my house coming from overseas and they should be here late november, early december

if anyone wants great pricing and service from alibaba, for doors and windows go with doorwin group. talk to vincent. I ordered stuff from them, top notch quality, thermal breaks in all aluminum doors, i have some massive patio doors on this house, one spans 14' wide, and these guys are quality! triple pain, low e, argon filled, aluminum profiles with thermal break super efficient! Super service! Tell them Myles sent you, and you'll get a great deal

I think if you pay with paypal and it is a direct money transfer then there is no buyer protection.
This is why I payed with credit card. There is the possibility to start a chargeback in your bank.
bank based cards give you less rights then a separate credit card...

bank based cards give you less rights then a separate credit card...

Debit cards have less protection than credit cards, yes. Most credit cards are issued by banks, that's why I am clarifying a bit.

@myles did you receive your cells or still waiting?

I received my 8 cells yesterday, basically 20 days before the 60 days Amy told me it should take.

Payment date: 2021-09-19
Shipping date: 2021-09-29
Delivery date: 2021-11-10

Packaging is superb, one box had a decent tear in the cardboard but nothing inside. I checked voltages and they are all at 3.31V. I still need to take them all off and inspect them because I've been busy and didn't expect them to be here so early. I still don't have the equipment I need to properly balance and test them. I just ordered a power supply and capacity tester. I'm confident they are all within specs, but since I have time I kind of like the idea of testing them all.

I will also need to store them for at least 6 months as I won't be starting the build of my camper, so any ideas on the best way to do that will be helpful.

My grade A 280K cells from Amy took around 2 and a half months, 18 days to process, and just under 2 months shipping to the UK. Packaging was brilliant, she did send a data sheet for all batteries, most claiming around 10ah higher than stated.
Admittedly I was a little surprised to find the cells were not exactly perfectly "flat", although using a flat edge against them it's not the center that has any bulging, more like a inward concave in the center and two higher points down the lengths of the terminals. But I'm talking minimal, maybe 2mm on the worst, nothing I'd be concerned about. I did bring this up with Amy and she said she would contact EVE about it, but asked me to capacity test them and send her the results, but right now I'm not ready to assemble and test anyway. I doubt there'll be any issues and will probably even out with my compression jig with springs, a total measurement of all cells in a row was very near specification. Cells are definitely brand new and have valid "K" QR codes. Overall a good buying experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_184038.jpg
    IMG_20211024_184038.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 35
If it seemed like I suggesting something like that then sorry. (just shared a totally not Amy related Paypal experience)

I recommend Amy to anyone who asks for a good supplier from US.
I heard she sends it by train to EU as Dongguan does.
Because I am not sure about that for EU I recommend usually Dongguan (and for the DDP shipping ... that is a big extra)
Can confirm that Luyuan (Amy Wan) also delivers over land (train) to EU with DDP shipping.

Can confirm that Luyuan (Amy Wan) also delivers over land (train) to EU with DDP shipping.
This seems to be the case for my shipping. Looking at parcelsapp.com I saw it starting to track from October 20th directed to Germany (only 20 days after shipment) it was in transit through Hungary, Austria, Germany, and then delivered to Italy. Freight shipping would have taken much longer and for sure a different route.

These Blue Aliminium Cased Cells are NEVER "Perfectly flat/ The Aluminium is only a little thicker than a USA Pop Can, seriously ! They all contract & expand as a natural process but only a little, this will occur with temprature & charge rate. This is within the specs as is the allowable limit of epansion/contraction.

Yes, Alibaba seems to make it difficult to find information at times, mine just says:

2021-09-23 03:17:00 (Wan Amy) Shipped

2021-09-23 03:16:50 (Wan Amy) Shipped

But it is split in half and going to two different addresses. I do have pictures of the boxes and labels.
I received email from FedEx last night saying I have packages arriving 11/13. I am pretty sure it is these cells. So almost 2 months.

I have ordered 16 cells from Amy. I will be posting my own thread on the experience when they arrive in a few days. Suffice to say, they shipped on time, at the end of the shipping window. I tracked the ship, The Cosco Andes, and it went straight into it's own company port without any delay. Straight from Asia, across the sea, and straight into port. That surprised me. However, the ship departed, and I had to wait about 20 days between ship departure and initiation of FedEx tracking(last night:)!). With all the chaos in LA/Long Beach, I was expecting this, but it was not easy. When I heard that a fedex container was robbed on the back of a train, I had a little panic:0 Passed 60 days from payment just a few days ago, then, last night, FedEx informed me that the packages were moving. From Pacoima to New Mexico overnight. Of course, it looks like they may arrive the one day of the week that I cannot be onsite:/ Crossing my fingers that they are undamaged. Once I've inspected them, I will begin my own thread on the experience, with fine details, and will document my builds. Will be building 4 packs at 12v initially, without grid power:)

Mine arrived about 2.5 months to Nigeria, all well packed including the custom box for the batteries. I am really pleased with this purchase and as always @Amy was super helpful all through the transaction.

tempImageJRINXB.jpgtempImageLTBl9O.jpgtempImageFw4E9U.jpg
tempImageXmPUZT.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageVMGLoD.png
    tempImageVMGLoD.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back