diy solar

diy solar

Does Aims 75amp charger have a parasitic draw when off???

Yes it does. I bought one last yr and run it from generator to charge batteries. I disconnect it after every charge. Didnt measure but it was significant.

Mine is setup for 24v. My next test = seeing if it will charge 2 in parallel. Manual says not to do that but going to try it.

It charges my batteries fast. Only con is only 3 stage cycle.. wish it did all 5; otherwise, pleased w/ it. Careful disconnecting a lot like I do because eventually gotta replace wire connection ends (dont hold up to all the movement)
Another thing is even though your other charger is cheap, I prefer this one because of the deep cycle stages (keeps batteries from sulfating so they last longer). And there's a knob on back where u can control ampage. Like I used a small wire at 1st so lower it. You gotta ground it btw. There's a connection for that.

Good luck. Hope helped.

I have not selected a charger yet. Still looking into the AIMS 75a as it can do LifePo4 too.

I bought a Uni-T UT210E DC clamp meter that has a nice low 2A range.
The RV/Bus has less than 10ma of system drain which is very nice considering its got 100s
of connections relays breakers and stuff running up and down its 35 foot length.

The LED bay lights draw 0.12A@25V so its easy to check if they are not switching off.
I also have a disconnect switch but did not see a difference on or off.

So Im setup to measure parasitic charger drain at some point.

The system should be able to survive storage/boondocking for several months without destroying
the start batteries.

Back