diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone have any experience with LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V Pack with Built-in 200A BMS from EEL Battery?

I don’t have any experience with them, but am very curious. The only potential negative I can see is the lack of temp sensors. This seems to be a nice option and great bang for your buck for those looking for relatively small capacity for an RV or van but don’t want to DIY the battery.

I don’t have any experience with them, but am very curious. The only potential negative I can see is the lack of temp sensors. This seems to be a nice option and great bang for your buck for those looking for relatively small capacity for an RV or van but don’t want to DIY the battery.
I agree with you on the temp sensors. I have actually been in touch with the manufacturer. Below is what they told me.
We have sold about 10 packs already. It is very safe, and we will top-balance the inside cells for you as well.
I just sent them another email and asked about the temp sensors. I asked how many are used and for the model information. I also asked if they tested the sensors for high temp and low temp cutoff so I will report back with the response. Their customer service is very good it seems to me.

Below is the response to the question about the temp sensors.
This case has high temperature sensor,but it does not have low temperature sensor,
Because lpo cells will automatically slow charge and discharge below at the low temperature.
The high temperature sensor has been tested,for the details,you can visit this page:
https://eelbattery.myshopify.com/bl...elf-developed-battery-protection-system-board
Personally I am not planning to ever be using these in low temperatures so I think they are a good option. If there ever was a need, the BMS is easy enough to swap out for another BMS of your choice.

Below is the response to the question about the temp sensors.

Personally I am not planning to ever be using these in low temperatures so I think they are a good option. If there ever was a need, the BMS is easy enough to swap out for another BMS of your choice.
Just received a 1 of 4 pre-built packs yesterday & opened up to inspect QR codes & cell bulging, etc. I was disappointed to see that the original QR codes are scratched/buffed & covered with black plastic. A “new” QR is visible although doesn’t come up with any results via decoding. I plan to capacity test once the additional packs arrive & I get a chance to pop open tops to inspect.

My original experience with Eel was good, I purchased (4) 280ah 3.2v cells that arrived from their California distribution center. (Arrived 10 days or less) All 4 original cells were in perfect shape with original QR clearly intact on top & in new condition. I built my own pack w/ Daly BMS & ran the battery in my RV. I wasn’t happy with my DIY quality for storing battery in RV, as the BMS had to be mounted outside the box I used, as well as the Bluetooth dongle I added. The pack was messy & I was concerned about wiring mess being at higher risk for failure in the mobile application. Soon after, I came across Eels solution for assembling & housing (4) cells in the battery boxes & ordered one immediately. I put the pack together and installed & couldn’t have been more pleased with the way it fit into my system and left me feeling confident it would be up to the task & stand up to the road ahead for it.

As time went on, I decided I’d like a little more standby time when not plugged into shore power, and decided to order additional packs to meet my needs. This time around, I placed my order for (4) of the 302ah pre-assembled packs & waited anxiously for their arrival. As previously stated, 1 of 4 boxes was delivered yesterday after waiting a little over a month since placing order. In the box was what seemed like adequate foam blocks & the battery….No build sheet, no test results from manufacturer, nothing but the battery. I wanted to verify the pack was assembled with the correct cells that I ordered as there are several cell varieties that can be assembled using the same dimension box & with no paperwork to ease my mind, I figured best way to check was open up the pack and see. I will update when additional boxes arrive & will report capacity testing results once completed. I plan to test this first pack using shunt and inverter, but depending on results will test individual cells if necessary.

At this point I’m trying not to get too worked up, but have already exchanged messages with eel regarding the QR situation & let’s just say they didn’t ease my concerns. More later

Just received a 1 of 4 pre-built packs yesterday & opened up to inspect QR codes & cell bulging, etc. I was disappointed to see that the original QR codes are scratched/buffed & covered with black plastic. A “new” QR is visible although doesn’t come up with any results via decoding. I plan to capacity test once the additional packs arrive & I get a chance to pop open tops to inspect.

My original experience with Eel was good, I purchased (4) 280ah 3.2v cells that arrived from their California distribution center. (Arrived 10 days or less) All 4 original cells were in perfect shape with original QR clearly intact on top & in new condition. I built my own pack w/ Daly BMS & ran the battery in my RV. I wasn’t happy with my DIY quality for storing battery in RV, as the BMS had to be mounted outside the box I used, as well as the Bluetooth dongle I added. The pack was messy & I was concerned about wiring mess being at higher risk for failure in the mobile application. Soon after, I came across Eels solution for assembling & housing (4) cells in the battery boxes & ordered one immediately. I put the pack together and installed & couldn’t have been more pleased with the way it fit into my system and left me feeling confident it would be up to the task & stand up to the road ahead for it.

As time went on, I decided I’d like a little more standby time when not plugged into shore power, and decided to order additional packs to meet my needs. This time around, I placed my order for (4) of the 302ah pre-assembled packs & waited anxiously for their arrival. As previously stated, 1 of 4 boxes was delivered yesterday after waiting a little over a month since placing order. In the box was what seemed like adequate foam blocks & the battery….No build sheet, no test results from manufacturer, nothing but the battery. I wanted to verify the pack was assembled with the correct cells that I ordered as there are several cell varieties that can be assembled using the same dimension box & with no paperwork to ease my mind, I figured best way to check was open up the pack and see. I will update when additional boxes arrive & will report capacity testing results once completed. I plan to test this first pack using shunt and inverter, but depending on results will test individual cells if necessary.

At this point I’m trying not to get too worked up, but have already exchanged messages with eel regarding the QR situation & let’s just say they didn’t ease my concerns. More later

To whom are interested:
Do not purchase pre-made packs from EEL. The steel boxes themselves are fine & fits everything neatly and securely, however….Be warned they will promise to use new cells to build your pack but will send them out and just hope you don’t open them up. I recently received 4 of these packs with CATL 302s. All 16 cells have original QR scratched off and covered with black sticker & Have QR codes that are unable to be decoded and are just there to fool you. Worse than this, however, not a single cell pulled rated capacity @ .135C ! One of the cells even had a large dent in it which was very noticeable once removed from pack. I’ve reached out to EEL voicing my concerns and they are not willing to replace the cells for NEW cells as they were advertised. The icing on the cake is when I said if they can’t be replaced then I would like a refund, I was told that because I peeled the sticker off they are no longer able to be returned because “they cannot re-sell them” now that they’re peeled off. Unbelievable and big waste of time and money. Nothing but crooked scammers

Just an update for anyone looking into EEL Battery Pre-Assembled Packs. See the attached correspondence I got from EEL after purchasing (4) of the pre-assembled packs. I tried to button up the correspondence & my overall experience into a single document attached here. If you have any questions or anything needs clarified feel free to let me know. In the meantime; steer clear from anything coming from EEL Battery; they're no-good lying crooks.

Attachments

• Overview of Correspondence.pdf
    9.8 MB · Views: 12
Back