diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone have experience with Pike’s Peak Regional Building Department and Solar permitting process?

Dave (Boog)

Hi,
I want to build a DIY solar system, using ground mount solar panels, a home built battery bank and all in one MPPT charge controller and Inverter. I plan on this being a backup for the utilities and it will not feed the grid. I went on the PIke’s Peak Regional Building Department’s website but don’t understand their legalize. Is there anyone on this forum that has dealt with the PPRBD?

Not familiar with them, but there are a number of online vendors that will draw up the plans the city needs for you and work to get the building permit approved.

Possibly you can go down to the office and explain you don't understand all of their requirements. Hopefully someone can walk you through what's needed. I'd ask for a copy of a sample plan that was approved (they might all be considered public documents), in which case it's just a matter of copying what someone else did and changing out the data for your specifics.

Back