diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone have, or know where to get....

PhilM_TX

Hello,
I am looking for one of the basic Renogy Inverter remote power switches - P/N: RMS-P2.

If you've upgraded yours to the RMS-PGH or just have one lying around, I'd be happy to buy one (that works) from you.

Long story short: I built a system with the intent of using one of their "new style" 2000w inverters due to space constraints but they are impossible to get. One of their techs convinced me to get the 1000w version based on my anticipated load. I had wired for the 2000, but since I'd been waiting since January and they assurred me I'd be fine I tried one of their "new style" 1000w units. It worked fine for all but the small AC unit in my tiny camper. Turns out the 1000 would not sustain the 1600w start surge of the compressor. Reongy agreed to take it back since they assured me it would work.

I've ended up finding a 2200w Giandel unit that is small enough for the available space and it works fine with the AC unit.

Problem is, I (stupidly) cut a hole in my finished panel for the Renogy switch and most other switches seem to be far smaller. I'd really like to get another Renogy switch that fits my panel and make it work rather than rigging something to fill the void or having to cut another complete panel. The attached image shows the switch I am looking for.

I did email Renogy a week ago and called the tech line, who took my info and said someone from sales would contact me, nothing yet. I wouldn't think it would be hard to get, but I sure can't find one.

Thanks in advance!
Phil

Attachments

• RenogySwitch.jpg
    RenogySwitch.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
Not that it matters, but here's how I had initially set the panel up with the Renogy switch, followed by a shot of it with the smaller Giandel switch.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 5
  • current.jpg
    current.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 4
Back