diy solar

diy solar

Does Basen use reshippers? Sent to wrong city!

DavidSTexas

I ordered 16 Lishen 280 cells from Shenzen Basen on Dec 12, 2020. I was excited when tracking went live on UPS yesterday morning, and even more excited when it listed today, Jan 20, 2021, as the delivery date.

But, then I noticed the city today--Mesa, AZ. I live in far west Texas. I called UPS and verified that the packages were in Mesa, AZ, out for delivery. I gave them my address, to make see if perhaps just the zip code was wrong. They seem to have a different address, and- only the shipper can change it apparently.

For anyone who has dealt with Basen or other suppliers, is this normal? Do the packages go somewhere for processing/customs first? Or are they reshipped to avoid customs? Thanks!

I am currently waiting for a reply from Emily at Basen, but that could take a while.

Fingers crossed...

I should add that this is my first order on Alibaba. I had not yet filled out my address in the profile. When I requested a quote, it was to my city and zIp code, and Emily requested the full address when I accepted the quote. (Great price...)

So, for those new to Alibaba--fill out your address, phone number in the Alibaba profile before you order. It may make the process smoother...

They probably gave you someone else's tracking. I assume your contact has the right address, so just send them a message to verify the tracking number.

They should be shipped directly to you. Mine sure were.

This is probably a mistake where you were given an incorrect tracking number ..... but ..... the one time this happened to me, it was done on purpose to try to make it appear that I got good that I didn't. I had purchased with Paypal and quickly got a refund.

Hopefully you will get a response from them that explains the mistake.

Thanks for the input Zorlig and Bob B. I probably am overreacting. There seems to be a lot of people receiving Basen orders today, so the wrong tracking number is probably the most logical explanation. People seem to have good luck with Basen, so I will wait for their reply.

I ordered 16 Lishen 280 cells from Shenzen Basen on Dec 12, 2020. I was excited when tracking went live on UPS yesterday morning, and even more excited when it listed today, Jan 20, 2021, as the delivery date.

But, then I noticed the city today--Mesa, AZ. I live in far west Texas. I called UPS and verified that the packages were in Mesa, AZ, out for delivery. I gave them my address, to make see if perhaps just the zip code was wrong. They seem to have a different address, and- only the shipper can change it apparently.

For anyone who has dealt with Basen or other suppliers, is this normal? Do the packages go somewhere for processing/customs first? Or are they reshipped to avoid customs? Thanks!

I am currently waiting for a reply from Emily at Basen, but that could take a while.

Fingers crossed...
I have no experience with Basen however I do with overseas shipping. Often vendors, especially if the freight is prepaid, will use a consolidator to reduce shipping cost. As a example: Shipping order of 16 cells will likely fit in a box or perhaps 4. To keep them from getting lost they might ship on a pallet which takes up space and perhaps requires nothing to be placed on top to avoid crushing. This becomes very expensive. If, however they consolidate your order with others in a single full container, the shipping per item becomes much less because the container cost is spread over everything contained. This will go to a reshipper that is contracted to receive the container, break it down and then reship individual orders. These consolidated shipments usually take an extra week or two after clearing customs. While many of these companies that handle the logistics of reshipping from Asia were located in California 10 years ago it would not surprise me if they started to move to Arizona or even Texas. As an example of how this effects cost, I use to be in the textile business. If we shipped a single roll to Asia using a consolidator It might cost $200 to ship 100 yards or $2/yard extra. If we shipped a full container it cost about $3000 but a container holds 30K yards or $0.10 per yard. If we shipped in a 45 ft hi cube the cost would be about $4500 for a container that if full would hold 60,000 yard; so $0.075 per yard. You get the point.

I'm not saying this is for certain what happened but it is most likely. Note even very small shipment ( an oz or 2) ordered on AliExpress use to come directly from China. In the last 6 month all I have received were reshipped from addresses in NJ and AZ.

Yeah they use a consolidator for crossing the ocean, but you get no tracking for that. The tracking you get is for final delivery.

I imagine the boxes are all labeled the shipping information before they leave China, then they take them out of the container, move them to the proper warehouse for FedEx.

You can sign up with UPS and USPS to get notified when a package has been shipped to your address. It often appears even when a label is created prior to shipment. Not sure about Fudgex.

Just an update. I heard back from Emily at Basen (time difference), she did upload the wrong tracking number. The new one correctly shows my city, but will arrive a bit later. The info was sent to UPS on 12/17, a few days later than the other tracking number.

Other than this hiccup, the ordering process has been smooth. I called my card issuer ahead of time to ensure the order would be approved. They told me they would have automatically decllined an international order, but, it turns out the charges come from an Alibaba subsidiary in California.

Thanks again for the information. This forum is invaluable, and I appreciate the help!

it turns out the charges come from an Alibaba subsidiary in California.
Thanks for that! Didn't know, good for them. Explains why I had no issues either and we aren't hearing about CC denials so much anymore.

And a Babylon 5 fan. :) I am still waiting for them to clear the port. Emily from Basen said they are in the US, but the ports are quite congested now. I was expecting mid-February, but if they come sooner, that is awesome. I'll be pulling out the camera as soon as they arrive.

Fingers crossed...
There is no customs office in Mesa, but you could give them my address, I would be happy to inspect them for you! :)

Back