diy solar

diy solar

Does It Really Pay To DIY Lifepo4 Batteries?

Summary, unless it's local, expect service, support and warranty to be a hassle or non existent. Hell, just read some of the threads of hassles forum users here have had with solar panels, inverters and batteries. The solar business is kind of a joke when it comes to service and warranty. At least it was for me and some others. So go lower cost, learn a lot and you'll probably make as good a battery as the manufacturers.

Yeah, and I like to keep enough spare parts laying around so if I get a failure of any kind, I can get back up and running quickly, and deal with warranty stuff at my leisure later. And have battery banks that are like 3-6 packs wide so if one battery pack fails, you can break it off the bus, and at least wait til morning before having to go through your parts bin and get it fixed. I learned redundancy from the datacenter world...

Instead of having 5-alarm fires to put out at 2am, it's always better to design a system that simply emails you when something went down, and you can wait til Monday to fix it, as it just runs in degraded mode just fine til then...

That's 16 pieces so over 14kW. AU$3500 looks alright to me. For 5kW I paid US$722 so add for BMS, balancer and other bits and easily do for a 1000.

I found this on ebay. 3.2v 320ah x 8
Just over $1022 plus gst . X that by 2 and way cheaper than gobelpower.. going to offer them slightly less to escape import duties then order 2 lots of 8 and 2 single cells for backup at a later time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-20-13-09-49-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-20-13-09-49-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 9
Need to check but I don't think 320Ah cells exist? There is a thread on this. Also think the govt removed GST limit so it is always paid. I only buy on Alibaba for batteries.

Back