diy solar

diy solar

Does this 400W setup look right?

joeExotic

Hi I drew how my 400w setup will look like. Should I change anything? Two 100w mono Renogy panels and two mono HQST 100w panels. Renogy 40A Li. 1,000w inverter pure sine wave. Three 120ah LifePO4 batteries in parallel. 12V system

Attachments

• 2s2p.png
    2s2p.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi I drew how my 400w setup will look like. Should I change anything? Two 100w mono Renogy panels and two mono HQST 100w panels. Renogy 40A Li. 1,000w inverter pure sine wave. Three 120ah LifePO4 batteries in parallel. 12V system
Your 40A SCC positive and negative wires should connect to opposite ends of your 3 paralleled batteries to balance charging.
Not to the same end.
The same for your Inverter.

Or still better use a positive and negative bus bar off your 3 batteries.

20A fuse is too small.
What gauge wires from SCC to battery and inverter?

Breakers on your 40 foot solar panel wires would be good.
What gauge wire?

Last edited:
Sorry but when you start two different threads asking the same question things can get confusing. It would have been much better had you bumped your original thread. No I am not the forum police but I am just sayin..... Good luck.

Your 40A SCC positive and negative wires should connect to opposite ends of your 3 paralleled batteries to balance charging.
Not to the same end.
The same for your Inverter.

Or still better use a positive and negative bus bar off your 3 batteries.

20A fuse is too small.
What gauge wires from SCC to battery and inverter?

Breakers on your 40 foot solar panel wires would be good.
What gauge wire?
what do you mean when you say " Your 40A SCC positive and negative wires should connect to opposite ends of your 3 paralleled batteries to balance charging. Not to the same end. The same for your Inverter."

I guess Gazoo does not want to help me but thanks for the good wishes.

The wires look like either 4 gauge or 6 gauge wire. The picture shows the wires on the left coming in from the solar panels and on the right going out to the batteries. This is a pic of my current set up 200W system. I'm going to 400w.

I know this is probably not very exciting for you guys here on this forum but this is exciting for me and I just want to do this right and safely. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if I need to supply any more information b/c I can do that. I have been waiting so long for these LifePO4 batteries and I really want to install everything right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-154315.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-154315.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I guess Gazoo does not want to help me but thanks for the good wishes.
I explained in your other thread I am not familiar with solar. I live in an apt. so regarding solar I can't go there because I don't have any experience with it. I did suggest you install a fuse in between your inverter and battery...but that too was in your other thread.

I have been waiting so long for these LifePO4 batteries and I really want to install everything right.
I understand and I understand your excitement. But when it comes to anything solar I can't help.

what do you mean when you say " Your 40A SCC positive and negative wires should connect to opposite ends of your 3 paralleled batteries to balance charging. Not to the same end. The same for your Inverter."
Put the positive wire from the SCC on battery #1
Put the negative wire from the SCC on battery #3

does this look correct? just change the 20A fuse to 40A? should I do anything else?

Attachments

• 2s2p.png
    2s2p.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 18
Is it ok if I use this fuse instead of buying a 40a fuse?

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_131245.jpg
    IMG_20210615_131245.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 6
Back