diy solar

diy solar

Donations for NPO/build suggestions

denphillips2

Hi All,
I have been learning a lot on here. Started with watching Will's videos. Thank you Will, your information has been very helpful.
Are any of the battery/solar companies more willing to donate or discount to Non Profit Organizations?

Here is what I am working on.

Our ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) group is building out an emergency communications trailer. I am in charge of putting the DC power system together, and I would really like to make it something to talk about.
As a strictly volunteer, not for profit organization, we provide support for local emergency management, law enforcement and other non-profit organizations.
We do have a very generous donor that has made this project possible, but we want to make his donations go as far as possible.

The build is on an R&M/Bighorn Trailers 7x16' enclosed trailer. Location is just S/SE of Denver
We have insulated walls, ceiling, and floor. We have also installed carpet everywhere for sound deadening.
There is a shore power inlet to breaker box and AC distributed through the trailer.

My plan for the DC.
Build two batteries(12V) in the 150-280Ah range each. Was looking at 280Ah EVE cells, but the 25Ah Navitas cells from Battery Hookup are very intriguing.
Two Overkill Solar 120a BMS
200-400W of solar on the roof (need suggestions)
Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 (depends on above)
Possibly a deployable ground array of solar as well. (parking isn't guaranteed in the sun)
Victron 712 battery monitoring system
Victron MultiPlus 2000VA inverter/charger
Victron Digital Multi Controller for controlling the inverter/charger
From there DC distribution will be to the equipment rack and work stations.

I know the Victron stuff is a little pricey, but I like the way it all works together. I know some corners can be cut, and I'll probably have to cut back some. This how I would want to do it if it was mine(if I could afford it).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, and this is a biggie, if there are any products that cause RFI, that is going to be bad, so please let me know if anyone has had experience with products that do or don't.

Thanks for all the help!
Denny, W0DDP

Back