diy solar

diy solar

Dongguan Huanhuan Energy Tech high C cells -- Any experience?

luckybeanz

Hi I am currently looking to build a 48v bank to use with an electric boat conversion. As the amps required will be pretty high, the motor's max current is 460A ( nominal is 240A), I am looking for a battery that can push a high C rating. I have received a good quote on these https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Storage-lifepo4-cell-3-2V-200Ah_1600051183744.html and I am considering them. Though I have not found any one who can verify the quality of the seller and batteries. The quote is below for those interested:

Trade terms: DDP (door to door, free of customs duties)
ETD: 7~8 days
ETA: 50 days
Unit price: $95
Shipping cost: $445
Total cost: $ 95*16+445=1965

I'm also pondering whether to build two smaller banks with these 200AH or to build one big bank with 400AH cells https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.7.6f92298aDezDiH

I guess the other option would be to build two 280AH banks from the cells that everyone here is buying and to parallel them. Does anyone know of a BMS that would fit this purpose?

Thanks for your input.

Hi I am currently looking to build a 48v bank to use with an electric boat conversion. As the amps required will be pretty high, the motor's max current is 460A ( nominal is 240A), I am looking for a battery that can push a high C rating. I have received a good quote on these https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Storage-lifepo4-cell-3-2V-200Ah_1600051183744.html and I am considering them. Though I have not found any one who can verify the quality of the seller and batteries. The quote is below for those interested:

Trade terms: DDP (door to door, free of customs duties)
ETD: 7~8 days
ETA: 50 days
Unit price: $95
Shipping cost: $445
Total cost: $ 95*16+445=1965

I'm also pondering whether to build two smaller banks with these 200AH or to build one big bank with 400AH cells https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...pm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.7.6f92298aDezDiH

I guess the other option would be to build two 280AH banks from the cells that everyone here is buying and to parallel them. Does anyone know of a BMS that would fit this purpose?

Thanks for your input.

For the price that they are quoting you - you can probably get some XUBA 280aH ... shipping seems higher and battery seems higher than what most of us pay ... I don't think XUBA has 200aH if thats going to be important ... As for the BMS there is an entire section on the forum so i won't begin to guess ... all depends on what you want the BMS to do -- simple stuff then DALY makes a good one ... real world stuff I like Chargery and Dracus(sp) (I can never remember the damn name)(seriously - i actually think that maybe the paid oil industry safety folks may have been wrong that none of these fumes were bad for us)...

Hi, thanks you for the replies. The reason for looking at them is that the batteries are rated at 3C discharge whereas the XUBA 280AH are 1C. So with these cells I would only need 16 for the 48V bank capable of 600A max discharge. Whereas with the XUBA I would need two 32 to make two 48v banks to parallel to get a max of 560A discharge at their 1C rating. Unless of course I am understanding this all wrong and there is a way to get more Amps out of the XUBA cells? I'm going to be using them to power the N50 motor here http://www.fimea.it/index_eng.htm

As for shipping, it is to Italy, which has a high import taxt (22% I think) hence the extra charge.

I've got some understanding of the BMS options and the Chargery one as well as Tiny BMS look fit for purpose. I want to keep it as simple as possible, but since it is for an high power draw application, I'll be looking to have some sort of balancing, though over to the BMS thread for that info.

For your application I'd recommend going with 400ah CA series CALB cells, not the SE series. The Alibaba link pictures an SE series blue cased cell, however in the "product parameters" section, it describes the CA series 400ah cell, which is off white in color, and they are 2C max discharge, not 3C as stated. And 2C, 800 amps will work for your application. It's a good idea to verify what you're buying. Ask the vender to verify the brand, model number and grade, whether A or B. Attached is a CALB user guide. Cell specs are on page 11. Real CALB grade A cells will come with CALB bus bars and bolts at no additional cost.

Attachments

• User+Manual.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 4
This might also be helpful:

if you haven't already purchased, you may be interested in my experience: https://diysolarforum.com/posts/174974/

and, i am now hearing from others who purchased from huanhuan energy and have received cells that are under capacity and don't appear to have legitimate CALB labels.

Thanks for the input all, I went with Lishen from Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd. Emily has been fantastic to deal with. They have been shipped, so soon I guess I'll know what I got.

This seller (edit: Dongguan Huanhuan) has come up a few times recently (not for good reasons) those of you who found them or bought from them, how did you find them? Were they just a random seller you landed on during an Alibaba search? what made you look at them out of the dozens of sellers? Are they being talked about/advertised somewhere?

Last edited:
This seller has come up a few times recently (not for good reasons) those of you who found them or bought from them, how did you find them? Were they just a random seller you landed on during an Alibaba search? what made you look at them out of the dozens of sellers? Are they being talked about/advertised somewhere?
Can you elaborate on what has been said? I can't vouch for their product yet, but dealing with them has been very good. I did not choose them randomly, they had a good deal on 272AH cells which got me to research them. I found out about the deal through one of Will's teardown videos where a reputable droppin manufacturer uses Lishen cells. The company, Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd, seemed to check out via reviews and web searches, so I am keen to hear what reasons they have come up for.

Can you elaborate on what has been said? I can't vouch for their product yet, but dealing with them has been very good. I did not choose them randomly, they had a good deal on 272AH cells which got me to research them. I found out about the deal through one of Will's teardown videos where a reputable droppin manufacturer uses Lishen cells. The company, Shenzhen Basen Technology Co., Ltd, seemed to check out via reviews and web searches, so I am keen to hear what reasons they have come up for.
Oops, I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I will edit my comment. I was referring to the reseller in the title and the one Deek was warning against "Dongguan HuanHuan Energy" not to Shenzhen Basen.

Apart from misleading statements re: capacity testing, and selling cells that have a high probability of being grade B cells (which should be expected at this price point, and is equally true of other resellers), I have not heard anything particularly alarming about Basen. And (my perception is) Basen are currently probably the most popular reseller of Lishen cells on the forum.

Last edited:
Back