diy solar

diy solar

Dongguan Lighting: Purchase 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Don't forget the roberment...they don't want you to be self supportive.
In the beginning and in the end they rule about the price.

i just got a quote for CATL 302ah from basen

Thanks for your inquiry. Here is the price to US for your reference.

CATL 3.2v 302AH lifepo4 cell:

Quantity:34pcs
Price:US$125/pc

Shipping cost & time: US$705 (by Sea transportation, deliver to door, including tax and custom, 45-50 working days around.)

Total price: 125*34+705=US$4955

so 150/cell, unsure if this is good, it seems a but high

Shipping cost & time: US$705 (by Sea transportation, deliver to door, including tax and custom, 45-50 working days around.)

so 150/cell, unsure if this is good, it seems a but high.
Yes, that is high.

Send me a private message with your zip code (called starting a conversation in here) and I will save you some money.

For the same price you can get true grade A cells from Eve complete with test reports (average around 289 amp hours).
I would pass at that price, you aren't saving anything and are getting commodity grade cells.

basen has had a lot of complaints in the last several months. make sure you ask for grade a brand new.

basen has had a lot of complaints in the last several months. make sure you ask for grade a brand new.
And be very aware of the fact that you will get commodity grade cells, no matter what they call them.
If they don't come with test reports from the manufacturer, they aren't grade A.

That said, the commodity cells are the better value, unless like they quoted this guy a price for which you could actually go and buy grade A cells.

Michael B Caro has much better prices, and I've heard nobody complain about what he is selling. He has a lot of satisfied customers.

For $125/each, buy real grade A cells.

Amy offers them:

Please use this code: "DIYsolar" when placing an order.

Extra 2% off for all products,

free double busbars (including screws and washers),

free upgraded screws and nuts (for batteries with M6 Thread)

Well i have a huge current needs as i am going electric motor for my sailboat, so i need 300ah at 1C cells. The motor i am eyeballing can pull a crazy amount of amps.

Well i have a huge current needs as i am going electric motor for my sailboat, so i need 300ah at 1C cells. The motor i am eyeballing can pull a crazy amount of amps.

300A / cell?

And you're ordering 32 (34 including 2 spare I guess) cells? Is your engine running at 96V?

If you run eg 2P16S, each cell is 'only' delivering 150A (approx)

1C rating is for a single cell. With multiple cells in parallel they all share the current.. 3 cells in parallel can provide 3C rate, while a single cell is 'only' providing 1C.
Due to cell variations this can be slightly off, so 1 cell might be providing 0.98C, while the other one does 1.02, but you'll get the point.

I am starting to see people talk about Rept cells some. I wonder if everyone is aware that those cells have a low C rate?
.5C or lower.

If that "real" grade A price is the Cell price from the factory before shipping, I can do better than that. I just don't push those, as they are not the value that the other cells are.

300A / cell?

And you're ordering 32 (34 including 2 spare I guess) cells? Is your engine running at 96V?

If you run eg 2P16S, each cell is 'only' delivering 150A (approx)

1C rating is for a single cell. With multiple cells in parallel they all share the current.. 3 cells in parallel can provide 3C rate, while a single cell is 'only' providing 1C.
Due to cell variations this can be slightly off, so 1 cell might be providing 0.98C, while the other one does 1.02, but you'll get the point.
I am running at 48v, draw can be up to 600 amps.

and of i go with the dual motor hpevs ac34x2 it can do up to 1200 amps at 48v.

I am starting to see people talk about Rept cells some. I wonder if everyone is aware that those cells have a low C rate?
.5C or lower.
REPT's spec sheet refers to .5C as nominal charge and discharge rates. However they do list the max charge and discharge rates at 1C just like EVE does. EVE refers to a .5C rate as standard charge and discharge rates. :)

Attachments

• CB71173200EA-280Ah.pdf
    895.2 KB · Views: 7
REPT's spec sheet refers to .5C as nominal charge and discharge rates. However they do list the max charge and discharge rates at 1C just like EVE does. EVE refers to a .5C rate as standard charge and discharge rates. :)
The guy I trust the most, says that the Rept should not be pushed beyond 5C.
He offered to get them for me if I thought that they would sell, since most of what I buy from him are Lishen and Lishen is not cooperating with anyone right now, but I told him I did not think many guys would be interested in .5C cells

The guy I trust the most, says that the Rept should not be pushed beyond 5C.
He offered to get them for me if I thought that they would sell, since most of what I buy from him are Lishen and Lishen is not cooperating with anyone right now, but I told him I did not think many guys would be interested in .5C cells
i know several people on the forum have bought rept cells. perhaps crowd source some information to gleam the reality of the matter. My inclination is to think they’re as good as any other commodity cell you may buy.

i know several people on the forum have bought rept cells. perhaps crowd source some information to gleam the reality of the matter. My inclination is to think they’re as good as any other commodity cell you may buy.
Anything is possible. Just throwing out there the info I get, for what it is worth.

Back