diy solar

diy solar

Don't read this, you'll be jealous...

I live in Nevada and love it here. Lots of sun for solar year round. We went solar two years ago. Our power bills have been only the service charges ($13 even in the summer with full air cond running. Down from $280 in summer).

Have 27 panels with micro inverters. in Grid-Tie system.

With your off-grid and 40 acres I would look into geothermal to assist in heat and cooling. You only have to go down a few feet to get to 55 to 60 degree temps year round. Even going with part of house underground.
That's a real possibility...much of the property is sloped, I mean *really* sloped, so I'd love to take advantage of that.

Tom, the price quote you got to bring in power doesn't sound right. I also have a large piece of rural property and to bring power in is significantly less. All you need is power to the road and trench in a line to your build site. Even if you needed to add poles it still shouldn't be that much.

Tom, the price quote you got to bring in power doesn't sound right. I also have a large piece of rural property and to bring power in is significantly less. All you need is power to the road and trench in a line to your build site. Even if you needed to add poles it still shouldn't be that much.
I agree, but that's what NV energy quoted me. I submitted the paperwork to them, [still in the "design" phase] so we'll see. However, after some consideration, even if the total price were the same, say 25k, I'd still rather do solar than pay for the privilege of an electric bill.

Back