diy solar

diy solar

Don't waste your time believing free energy videos like these

fell for and played with this many years ago, it's not free !!! BUT, for lots of $$$ you can get bout 1000 watts

ya needs a 12v batt

a 2~3 hp continuous duty 12v motor https://www.hydrogenappliances.com/3hpmotor.html

a 400 amp (2 is better) alternator https://www.mechman.com/signature-400s/

a pulley setup that runs the alternator in it's sweet spot ( the mechman's idle at 200 amps and the kirby motor draws 190a at peak)

Have fun, I did

lol yeah, it's ridiculous. I wish people didn't lie as much as they do on the internet. I would delete this thread so I didn't share this crap, but I don't know how. I suppose I'll leave it so others can see this stuff is around and not true. I was thinking this might be true at first so I posted it here for another opinion. I do believe in "free" energy but that's based on fusion. I just read fusion technically isn't "free" because it requires a fuel. https://news.mit.edu/2021/MIT-CFS-major-advance-toward-fusion-energy-0908

Especially since certain improvements in inertial confinement fusion results were recently reported, there has been an increase in private investment. Several $billion recently (largest one looks like it is magnetic, not inertial.)

These may or may not also belong in the category of that YouTuber's offering. There is of course the actual energy available from fusion, but small scale continuous yield, efficiency, cost effectiveness may or may not be achievable. Could be just a way to grab investment money, and it could be the promoters are sincere believers.

Smart, then, to engineer results and revenue.
Similarly, social media determines what interests each person and feeds more of what appeals to them.
Main Stream Media likely does the same without outrageous stories, to get followers and and people forwarding links to others.

We can also engineer things in various ways, for instance once you learn what affects credit scores you can alter or manage your "portfolio" of debt to improve scores and get better pricing on loans.

Of course we try to manage information flow in an interview or a first date.
Some people game the system better than others
People put more work into decpetion rather than actually making something productive. Had they took the time they used in making something deceptive to learn and create something productive they'd actually have something beneficial to carry forward in life.

fell for and played with this many years ago, it's not free !!! BUT, for lots of $$$ you can get bout 1000 watts

ya needs a 12v batt

a 2~3 hp continuous duty 12v motor https://www.hydrogenappliances.com/3hpmotor.html

a 400 amp (2 is better) alternator https://www.mechman.com/signature-400s/

a pulley setup that runs the alternator in it's sweet spot ( the mechman's idle at 200 amps and the kirby motor draws 190a at peak)

Have fun, I did
you made this and it worked, is that what you're saying?

People put more work into decpetion rather than actually making something productive. Had they took the time they used in making something deceptive to learn and create something productive they'd actually have something beneficial to carry forward in life.

You've heard the stories of a programmer diverting the rounded fraction of a penny interest into their own account.
Caught because the money came in too fast to escape notice.

Checks used to not "clear" at the issuing bank, rather "bounced" if not good.
If the check never arrived, it couldn't bounce.
Special disintegrating paper held up long enough to be deposited, but didn't survive to reach the issuing bank so never bounced.

Successful legitimate businesses often compete by creating a perception of value, so products are more popular or command a higher price.
Difficult to do as well competing with them.

if HP were marketing sushi ...

I could make that work. You need to modify the power strip, remove jacket from power cord and unwind the twisted wires.
"I see Electromagnetic Fields!"

The MIL's farm has some hv power lines running overhead. Don't know if they are 75k, but the boy and I have been wanting to try that exact experiment.
I've heard some of the farmers South of here, near a large power plant which feeds an aluminum plant, have gotten one he77 of a jolt when getting out of their tractor while parked under those hv lines.

It would be interesting to connect a wire in a loop with resistive load, ammeter, volt meter. Then drag wire to form a large loop passing parallel under the line, completes its circuit far away.
(order of steps is important to avoid touching hot ends of wire.)
After repeating a couple times with resistor value changes and plotting I/V curve, determine how many "turns" is desired.

The video appeared to show E-field between power line and ground passed current through the vertical tube.
Rather than magnetic filed inducing current in a horizontal tube (besides, no loop was present for the horizontal situation.
At least, those were the electric and magnetic fields I "saw".

90% of the internet is fake or fraud.
lol I'm sure there's a lot out there
You've heard the stories of a programmer diverting the rounded fraction of a penny interest into their own account.
Caught because the money came in too fast to escape notice.

Checks used to not "clear" at the issuing bank, rather "bounced" if not good.
If the check never arrived, it couldn't bounce.
Special disintegrating paper held up long enough to be deposited, but didn't survive to reach the issuing bank so never bounced.

Successful legitimate businesses often compete by creating a perception of value, so products are more popular or command a higher price.
Difficult to do as well competing with them.

if HP were marketing sushi ...

It would be interesting to connect a wire in a loop with resistive load, ammeter, volt meter. Then drag wire to form a large loop passing parallel under the line, completes its circuit far away.
(order of steps is important to avoid touching hot ends of wire.)
After repeating a couple times with resistor value changes and plotting I/V curve, determine how many "turns" is desired.

The video appeared to show E-field between power line and ground passed current through the vertical tube.
Rather than magnetic filed inducing current in a horizontal tube (besides, no loop was present for the horizontal situation.
At least, those were the electric and magnetic fields I "saw".
Like this?

Yes.
But my qualitative SWAG is that a large loop (like the one he arranged on the floor held down by weights as an AC powered source) will probably work better capturing power from the overhead transmission lines, which have several meters separation and 10's of meters distance.

We have loops about 2m x 2m on machines at work for a different purpose: active cancellation of external magnetic fields.
Potential aggressors include 60 Hz from electrical wires, several hundred Hz from overhead hoists, electric trains outdoors using overhead wire and rails (large loop) - is that AC or DC?.
In this case it is fine (preferable) that captured energy from distant wires is low. Just need to measure field and drive coil to cancel AC and DC fields.

Yes.
But my qualitative SWAG is that a large loop (like the one he arranged on the floor held down by weights as an AC powered source) will probably work better capturing power from the overhead transmission lines, which have several meters separation and 10's of meters distance.

We have loops about 2m x 2m on machines at work for a different purpose: active cancellation of external magnetic fields.
Potential aggressors include 60 Hz from electrical wires, several hundred Hz from overhead hoists, electric trains outdoors using overhead wire and rails (large loop) - is that AC or DC?.
In this case it is fine (preferable) that captured energy from distant wires is low. Just need to measure field and drive coil to cancel AC and DC fields.
Earth batteries are a proven technology, IIRC, they were used to power the modern telegraph. Is there a way to arrange Earth batteries to increase output?

Multiple cells in series for voltage, and large area for current. Might want dielectric separators.

Seems like a single-use battery. Could be useful for telemetry stations, etc.
Low power long term usage, I would think.

Multiple cells in series for voltage, and large area for current. Might want dielectric separators.

Seems like a single-use battery. Could be useful for telemetry stations, etc.
Low power long term usage, I would think.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in that last reply.

How do Earth batteries make power? Aren't they supposed to be arranged in a certain alignment to the magnetic poles for the most power? Could these batteries be used in a manner to take advantage of the electromagnetic fields around hv power lines?

Back