diy solar

diy solar

Doppelganger

Pointing that out was worth a new forum topic? I have been using that avatar since 2014.
Certainly no offense was intended in pointing that out, just some good natured Chit Chat. The other guy is well-known here so it was striking to see posts that at first glance I thought were from him and they aren't. Al's not a visage you tend to see very often anymore which made it more surprising and funny to me. Welcome to the forum.

Certainly no offense was intended in pointing that out, just some good natured Chit Chat. The other guy is well-known here so it was striking to see posts that at first glance I thought were from him and they aren't. Al's not a visage you tend to see very often anymore which made it more surprising and funny to me. Welcome to the forum.
Alfred E Neumann has been my avatar since way before 2014 when I began using the current version, although I do use various versions depending on what the forum is about. In fact, I think the forum software found my avatar as I don't remember adding it to my profile.

There was a point in my life when a lot of crappy things were happening so I adopted Alfred's "what me worry" attitude.

There are multiple programs that look for a common signon and assume it is your and re-use an avatar. Common in Wordpress to do that.

Bet you guys forgot about this thread... It's taken a while but I've finally spotted both of you in consecutive posts out in the wild. :)

View attachment 58838
Yes, I remember the discussion about how there were two Alfreds. At least it isn't the same avatar. I looked back in my files and it seems I began using that avatar in 2009. BTW, I did notice the other Alfred has replied ahead of me.

Back