diy solar

diy solar

Double Eve M6 Terminals 280ah

Catsandsolar

I'm in the process of getting some EVE LF280Ks and being offered these new terminals (this is direct from eve) .

I've never seen these before do they need special bus bars, has anyone seen any battery building videos with these?

Thanks alex

-270010363.png

Yes it does look like the physical arrangement is different. Did you inquire with EVE if bus bars. studs and nuts come with a battery order?
More importantly are you purchasing these from EVE or are you saying that the information is direct from EVE?

Hello,

Yes this is direct with eve on Alibaba for 16 cells. They seem to do smaller quantities now but they are more expensive than the other commonly referenced alibaba eve resellers.

I have asked but they say you need to get them elsewhere, but I have asked them to reconfirm and will let you know!

Alex

I'm in the process of getting some EVE LF280Ks and being offered these new terminals (this is direct from eve) .

I've never seen these before do they need special bus bars, has anyone seen any battery building videos with these?

Thanks alex

View attachment 68811
Those look like proper M6 taps, so I’d think you could use the same M6 grubscrews / nuts / busbars / lugs we have been using from the start but with much less concern about stripped threads…

The fact that there are two treads is a bonus if you can find busbars or lugs that are narrow-enough to fit side-by-side.

I would gladly have paid a premium for cells direct from Eve with welded aluminum connections to the aluminum busbars - can you tell us roughly how much you paid per cell in quantity of 16?

Just over 20% extra though we are still chatting. I'm away for a bit but I'll let you know once I confirm the order.

If anyone is interested i have been working with this seller to make some bus bars for cells with these terminals. The seller who i have not used before has now put them up for sale, ive ordered them but not tested them.

The spacing between center of the m6 holes is 17.5mm which i confirmed driect with eve, but it not listed on the spec sheet.

Any reason to not use M6 bolts instead of the stud/nut arrangement?

Obviously, being careful to not bottom out the bolt into the battery case.

I found a company that would do 90° terminals, they would be much better for tightening the busbars because you can hold it on one side with a wrench and then apply any torque on the other side without putting any torque onto the battery body

To give you an idea see the image. Of course production model would have this done with better precision and remove the excess metal (so it does not stick over the terminal pads).

The advantage of this design: you can put bus bars on both sides of the terminal and put any torque onto the bolt holding it from one side with a wrench, so make a much better contact that you can with classic terminals (because otherwise you strip the terminal to battery connection)

Attachments

• received_458047626293969.jpeg
    received_458047626293969.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 35
I use the grub screws that came with them from 18650 battery in Atlanta. But I would recommend 6.0 x 12 mm ss bolts. A couple of 14mm long may be nedded if you are attaching muultiple lugs. Just use a cut off wheel to shorten bolt or add washers as needed to prevent bolt from extending past bottom of terminal. If you're nut grabs the grub screw and threads it in deep it will come out the bottom and contact the cell and pry the alum terminal up. Speaking from experience. I don't like grub screws.

Last edited:
Just curious about bolts over studs and nuts.
I chose to use studs because regardless of the thickness of the lug or bus bar, a stud would allow me the deepest penetration and therefore the maximum number of threads. The purpose of any fastener on a battery terminal is to hold the bus bar or lug firmly to the top of the terminal. Therefore the more threads were in contact with the stud the less chance the threads in the terminal top could pull out when torqued down. I was careful to not over torque the nut holding the bus bars to the terminal tops.

I use the grub screws that came with them from 18650 battery in Atlanta. But I would recommend 6.0 x 12 mm ss bolts. If you're nur grabs the grub screw and threads it in deep it will come out the bottom and contact the cell and pry the alum terminal up. Speaking from experience. I don't like grub screws.

Dang that sucks...did it damage the battery case?

There is no discussion of studs vs bolts in that thread. Are you suggesting I cross post to that thread ?

My cells are pristine and were packed very well from the 18650 Battery Store.

Finally wrapping up my battery - using bolts was the way to go for me.
Used these....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V26JQLK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back