diy solar

diy solar

Double locked standing seam roof panel mounts

Maringotks

What’s the best standing seam roof panel mount?

Attachments

• 5C723E76-0FF1-4A60-99E3-4861E24AEA01.jpeg
    5C723E76-0FF1-4A60-99E3-4861E24AEA01.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 21
Look Ma! No Rails!

That should save some money.

That is pretty neat, anyone know if this requires heavy duty standing seam material?

Can it be a problem if the panel is that close to the actual roof? I am thinking about heat concentration in the summer.

Last edited:
That is pretty neat, anyone know if this requires heavy duty standing seam material?

Can it be a problem if the panel is that close to the actual roof? I am thinking about heat concentration in the summer.

Take a look at the S5! website for more info.

They have mounts for all kinds of metal roofs, most don’t look heavy duty to me.

I haven’t read about any problems with heat.

I don’t think the panels are that close to the roof but I haven’t actually used them. Plenty of YouTube to look at.

Take a look at the S5! website for more info.

They have mounts for all kinds of metal roofs, most don’t look heavy duty to me.

I haven’t read about any problems with heat.

I don’t think the panels are that close to the roof but I haven’t actually used them. Plenty of YouTube to look at.
OK, thanks! I looked at that site and video, and see they are mounted with space at the sides. I am hoping to keep mine close to each other. I assume that does not matter for heat build up?

Perhaps reach out to the company but I don’t imagine any problems.

Anyone ever consider putting in some kind of fan and pull air under the panels to keep air moving under them?

Not with 80% of the solar energy being converted to heat. I'll rely on convection.
Just don't install decorative trim that doubles as a baffle to prevent air from entering.

OK, that makes sense, I thought I could help the problem, but I see how normal air movement will help. Good idea on no decorations blocking the circulation!

Back