diy solar

diy solar

Drinking water from thin air

I think the are making a catch basin next to the road they put in . They had a water run off or spring problem and I’m betting they are going to turn it in to a benefit

I cannot agree with you here, what you say just sounds like hearsay or dirty habits! ;)

Drinking rain water from rooves is perfectly acceptable if you follow some basic hygiene and common sense.

As an experiment I just tested the collected condensation runoff from the fridge and the water has an exceptionally clean 12ppm TDS value.

More importantly, The rainwater collected from our clay tile roof, which is mesh filtered en-route from the roof for larger particles, and stored in an ancient 12,000 litre underground cistern, gives a value of 52ppm TDS. After a short settling period after rainfall, we fill glass gallon demijohns with this water as required and leave them in full sunshine (it is very sunny here) for some UV treatment. This is our daily drinking and cooking water and we are a very healthy family of five, no friends have ever complained about our crystal clear water.
So rain water is MOST DEFINITELY DRINKABLE, with no worms, no infection, no diarrhoea, no mineral deficiencies, no feathers (!)

These are values that can also be expected of a reverse osmosis drinking water treatment. Compare that to many brands of plastic-bottled supermarket 'drinking water' which actually more resembles 'tap water' having considerably higher TDS values.

Thanks!
unfornately, TDS/PPM meters don’t measure poison or bacteria. Really, any organic molecules at all.

Back