diy solar

diy solar

Drok DC 0-300V 200A questions since manual would make Ikea happy.

I installed the DROK DC 0-300V 200A that I purchased on Amazon a couple of days ago. The model with the Hall sensor.

The instructions are not very clear, likely due to translation from Chinese? I was able to get it working reasonably well with some help from a Fakebook group, but had to do some work on my system today and now the meter is all screwed up again. The first problem I had was when the use rate shows as a negative but the instructions say that is supposed to be that way, even when a lot more amps are going in than going out. That seems counter-intuitive to me.

Now, I can’t even get it back to where it was with the negative amp flow when I know I am pushing a lot more amps in than going out. The Drok forum doesn’t seem to allow me to upload an image.

A few hours with no reply from Drok forum got me here. I did wait until dark and was able to get the meter working with the negative input (that still seems counter-intuitive) with my charger running on shore power and that part seems to be working now but I'm still not sure about a lot of the other settings. I was able to set my AH at 100.0 and my battery voltage at 14.4 but even with the battery bank at 13.5v, the top right number was at 100ah and the battery icon was showing full, which it obviously isn't.

Another problem I am having is that it says to make settings with no loads and battery is full but I haven't had the weather here the past few days to get my battery bank to full (4x100ah LiFePO4). I have added more solar panels but still not getting near full yet and it's supposed to be overcast and rain the next couple of days. From other threads, it looks like there are some experienced Drok users here.

This image taken a little while ago with my shore power charger plugged in, shows that the Drok is showing 100% charge when the battery bank is only at 13.3V which isn't close to being fully charge since it's a LiFePO4 battery bank.

20201021_210208.jpg

I think I have a drok in the parts bin, I was unimpressed by the build quality. On my newer build I went for a victron, much, much nicer. The victron requires a cycle to train, not sure about the logic on the cheapie. I's probably configured for use with lead acid from the factory. I doubt it's adjustable, but you never know.
Seriously, if you don't want to bang your head on a wall, get a quality unit.

I think I have a drok in the parts bin, I was unimpressed by the build quality. On my newer build I went for a victron, much, much nicer. The victron requires a cycle to train, not sure about the logic on the cheapie. I's probably configured for use with lead acid from the factory. I doubt it's adjustable, but you never know.
10 times the cost doesn't mean 10 times the quality, just 50 times the profit. I'll save $200 and find someone that can help.

Next time, look for someone that needs help on something you can actually help with.

Back