diy solar

diy solar

Dual Inverters for low and high wattage

That makes perfect sense for a large, house system. My design paradigm is for a single 12V, 272 Ah battery boat system. 90% of the loads will be 12 VDC and the Inverters are ONLY for luxury items and will be switched on for their use and turned off afterward. So... no standby losses. I'll have a Microwave, an Inverter stove top and Blender will be the only use on the 2200 watt system and obviously only while in use. Switch next to the Galley. The low wattage scenario was for things like a TV and a Media Library computer, laptops and other small devices and only if they don't have direct DC to DC converters available.

I agree with your findings by my usage also. Never measured to such accuracy though. My issue was using FLA and the large inverter would get left on at night drawing 2 amps idling and really cut into the capacity. I then installed a 300w for small items and it draws just 200 mA at idle so things could even charge overnight without the large idle draw. Later a better charging system probably resolved the issue but then I had both. Soon with LFP and way more capacity it will be a non issue.

Back