Dual-purpose LiFePO4 starting and deep Cycle Battery in stock USA

HighTechLab

Small Business Owner
That means I need to stop working so hard for a day and go out to the lake and have fun for a while...But I have much more confidence now that it started up my truck.

lilead

Dual purpose LiFePO4 battery for Bowthruster
Yes sure! Here I also have a video from our customer for starting up :

lilead

That means I need to stop working so hard for a day and go out to the lake and have fun for a while...But I have much more confidence now that it started up my truck.
haha, yes just go to get some fun! :cool::cool::cool:

HighTechLab

Small Business Owner

Here's my video! I was indeed surprised by the battery...This certainly was MASSIVELY abusive for the battery, but it handled it just fine. Time would tell how well the battery works in this application, but since I know it's outside of it's design range, I plan to move the battery into my 1980-era Bayliner with a 2.4l 4 cyl engine instead, because then when we take a break on the lake we can chill for a bit and jam out to some tunes.

Around here, I would never use the boat in extreme cold, and since the battery compartment is not right in front of the radiator (boat uses lake water), I don't have to worry about the compartment getting excessively hot. I'll keep reporting back in time how well things go! I thought about doing capacity test on this battery, but after discussing with LiLead over wechat for a few hours, I have full confidence that the battery pulls full capacity. They have lab-grade equipment just like me and have provided me with cyclic testing raw data, that I've analyzed and can draw this conclusion.

I love new technology, especially when it means I can add another battery to the PbSO4 pile!

lilead

Here's my video! I was indeed surprised by the battery...This certainly was MASSIVELY abusive for the battery, but it handled it just fine. Time would tell how well the battery works in this application, but since I know it's outside of it's design range, I plan to move the battery into my 1980-era Bayliner with a 2.4l 4 cyl engine instead, because then when we take a break on the lake we can chill for a bit and jam out to some tunes.

Around here, I would never use the boat in extreme cold, and since the battery compartment is not right in front of the radiator (boat uses lake water), I don't have to worry about the compartment getting excessively hot. I'll keep reporting back in time how well things go! I thought about doing capacity test on this battery, but after discussing with LiLead over wechat for a few hours, I have full confidence that the battery pulls full capacity. They have lab-grade equipment just like me and have provided me with cyclic testing raw data, that I've analyzed and can draw this conclusion.

I love new technology, especially when it means I can add another battery to the PbSO4 pile!
You are doing great! You know a lot about batteries!

meetyg

Solar Enthusiast
Just as a reference, LithiumSolar did a teardown of this battery.
It seems like your ordinary 12v Lifepo4 battery, with EVE prismatic cells.

From his review, the battery might not last long as a starter battery. All those CCAs go through a 150A BMS.
Either the BMS will prematurely fail, or the cells will have a very short lifetime.

It would be nice if you guys do a follow-up here, how the battery is holding after a few months of use.

For a real starter battery I would expect them to use high C rated headway cells, instead of standard prismatics.