diy solar

diy solar

Dumpster Fire: Bluetti AC200 and EB Reviews on Amazon

Just bought my second AC200 Max and it was DOA with error code 29. Dealing with the snails pace customer service.

Just bought my second AC200 Max and it was DOA with error code 29. Dealing with the snails pace customer service.
Time to buy components, stuff them in a hand-cart wheeled tool box, and have something usable, twice the power, and virtually the same cost.

Time to buy components, stuff them in a hand-cart wheeled tool box, and have something usable, twice the power, and virtually the same cost.
I get your point(s) but also….
Right. Nobody ever has problems with their diy system. ?
Learning curves appear to be quite expensive for some.

I have an AC200Max, while it’s not awesome it does ok and gets me by for now in a clean compact and relatively portable system while I figure out my van build (someday), and what batteries will be best to go with for a 10kwh + system.
Meanwhile batteries are getting better, with built in heaters etc, and unlike everything else, battery prices somehow seem to be dropping.

Last edited:
Nobody ever has problems with their diy system.

Actually most of time “problems” are errors or lack of planning with small systems. And even then most issues are learning curves with small installs. With abluetthi you aren’t going to learn much and then with your big robust 48V system you may not recognize an issue and it will cost you a lot of cash once you burn a battery out or whatever.
You can dip a bluetthi toe in the water or actually get your feet wet and have power to boot.

Actually most of time “problems” are errors or lack of planning with small systems. And even then most issues are learning curves with small installs. With abluetthi you aren’t going to learn much and then with your big robust 48V system you may not recognize an issue and it will cost you a lot of cash once you burn a battery out or whatever.
You can dip a bluetthi toe in the water or actually get your feet wet and have power to boot.
Agree to a point. I will build my system in stages as money permits. In the meantime as stated above batteries are getting better, with more convenience and safety features, and surprisingly prices are dropping in some cases.
And I’ve read of a fair number of problems with technology not syncing or just failing whether team blue or some lower cost manufacturers.
But yes many diy issues are from errors on the y component. In the meantime I have a system that is portable (which is useful to me), works for basic needs in my van (running fridge, 2 fans, induction cooktop, and doesn’t look like a hillbilly made it.
So far so good.
✊? on ?.

Back