diy solar

diy solar

Duty cycle of Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P

JWLV

-.-. --.-
Does anyone knows what the duty cycle is for the Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P?

The reason I ask is because I want to charge my Nissan Leaf EV with it. Charging the Nissan at 120VAC is going to pull about 1800 watts (plus ~300 watts for some other things I'm powering from the Growatt). If the Nissan was near empty, it would take about 12-14 hours to charge. So the question is, can the Growatt handle 2000 watts continously for 14 hours every day? I have more than enough batteries and solar panels for the job. I'm just worried about the duty cycle of the Growatt inverter.

Your question popped up just as I was going to post a thread asking for a 100% duty cycle inverter. The chances are your Growatt can not handle even a hour of such draw. I have recently noticed my EAsun 3kw 24vDC getting very warm with fans running on high when running a high draw appliance like a 900w microwave for 10 minutes alongside about 300w of other household items (~2000w).

Duty cycle is not something that is taken into consideration until it bites you.

I ran mine at 100% (fluctuating between 98 and 102%) for 5 hours one day, just trying to use all of the available solar. I wouldn't do it every day, but there were no issues.
Note:
Its environment affects its ability to cool itself.
Mine is installed in a climate controlled environment.

Back