diy solar

diy solar

e bike

fromano99

My ebike currently has a battery with the following specs. I get 35 miles from a charge. I would like to double that range. given the existingf specs are there any opportunitiew to accomplish this using differnt batteries ?

48V, 14 Ah (672 Wh) Lithium-Ion battery pack with genuine Samsung cells

Features
  • Weight: Standard 7.7 lb,
  • Genuine Samsung 35E cells
  • Built-in charge level indicator

That sounds about right based on the 2 ebikes I'm familiar with. (48v 16Ah, and 48v 10.5Ah)
I'm not familiar with Samsung's model numbers but presumably your packs are based on the old industry-standard 18650's. Mebbe you can get a new pack using the newer, larger cells or a bigger pack.
I've had the same issue as you. Going fast into a strong headwind really limits your range.
Some suggestions:
  • slow down and pedal more - if you contribute more yourself you can go farther
  • buy an extra battery and carry it with you - expensive, I know (or buy a second ebike with the same battery so you'll have a 'spare')
  • carry your charger with you and top-up your battery at your destination
Edit:
I forgot to ask:
What ebike and battery do you have?

I'm sure Luna in Colorado have what you're looking for:

But depending on your existing ebike, you may have to hack the plugs and the mount to make it fit!

My ebike currently has a battery with the following specs. I get 35 miles from a charge. I would like to double that range. given the existingf specs are there any opportunitiew to accomplish this using differnt batteries ?

48V, 14 Ah (672 Wh) Lithium-Ion battery pack with genuine Samsung cells

Features
  • Weight: Standard 7.7 lb,
  • Genuine Samsung 35E cells
  • Built-in charge level indicator
I ordered one of these off ebay (cheaper there) for my wife's ebike https://www.btrpower.com/collection...-5a-charger-50a-bms-fit-for-1000w-1500w-motor

The plan is to still carry the original Li-Ion battery, run that down and then switch to the LFP. I will install Anderson connectors to enable the swap. Should get close to 100 miles this way.

I have heard LFP will possibly be less powerful for the first 1/3 of normal distance you would see with the Li-Ion but considering it is the wife with a hub motor, I think it will be fine. I'm thinking of converting my bike with a mid mount BBSHD 1000w Bafang and purchasing a LFP 52v battery for it and not even getting the Li-Ion battery for it.

I did watch this video from Bolton the other night.

Back