diy solar

diy solar

East and west pole mount calculations

Bluedog225

Texas
Good morning,

I am getting down to the details of my array. This relates to easterly and westerly pole mounts. The numbers are mostly off the actual panels with the Midnite defaults where I don’t have info. I’ve raised the historic high temp by a couple of degrees and lowered the historic low by a couple.

My goal is to have the east and west arrays on the same Midnite controller with the ability to rotate either array for conditions or to get more generation. That is, I can align both arrays east or west if needed. Or simply leave them east and west.

I think this is telling me to get 2 Midnite Classic 200s. And avoid the 250s if I can.

In real life, I need a couple of thousand watts for critical air conditioning loads at peak summer times. I have lots of panels and lots of room.

edit-I will also have a central array not addressed here with a separate controller.

How does it look? Any input appreciated.

A6216932-935E-4702-8FEA-B7FFD8D6E1BA.jpeg

How did you set up your east west panels? One controller or two? Im looking at doing the same thing. Mostly for AC to run longer in the day.

I have not decided yet.

I like the idea of one Midnite for the east and west array. And one for the central (south) array. Then a dedicated 48 volt inverter.

Funny, looking at this, I’ve forgotten why I was avoiding the 250.

I have all three 150,200and 250 you can get more amps and watts out of the 150. But only important if yor maxing out. Midnite has a new one that will be out end of the year/ It will be up to 600v and can do two seperate strings of 100amp. also has built in breakers for solar and battery. More money but if yo have a big system maybe worth it. also easy to install.

Back