diy solar

diy solar

EASUN 3.5KW-24V with Victron 75-15 parallel for small solar panels?

MrSteve

Hope you guys can help me out.

I currently have a 3000W grid-tie inverter and solar on my rental property.

I would like to have backup power and ordered a EASUN 3.5kw-24V inverter
and planning to buy 8 280AH cells and all the goodies to make a reliable system.
So in case grid goes down (never does but still..) i can switch to the EASUN and use the solar on the roof with battery backup.

I know its heavy but i would like to make the inverter and battery mobile so i could take it with me.
Off course i can't take the solar on the roof but i do have 2x 100W "briefcase" solar panels for camping.
These have a 22V-4.5A output.
But mppt voltage range of the EASUN is 120-450V.

Can i parallel a Victron 75-15 to the battery to hook up the 2 100W solar panels,
charge the (yes very slow, last resort) 280AH cells and use the EASUN inverter for 240V power?

Thanks.

use this BMS
gen set will not work

use this BMS
gen set will not work
Nope i will use a Overkill Solar 120A 8S BMS.
I already use a 120A 4S and like it but thanks.

Nope i will use a Overkill Solar 120A 8S BMS.
I already use a 120A 4S and like it but thanks.
build the same system, but if you use 3500w you need a bms of 145 amp 3500/24 on that system i have have 2*
Overkill Solar 120A 8S but you miss out on the pylon tech protocol

build the same system, but if you use 3500w you need a bms of 145 amp 3500/24 on that system i have have 2*
Overkill Solar 120A 8S but you miss out on the pylon tech protocol
Yes you are correct on that.. my fault, if i use full 3500W the 120A is to small.
I said i build 1 battery but in my mind i was thinking about building 2 battery's (smaller AH) and in parallel 120A should be fine.

I will check out and google the Pylon Tech Protocol, i dont know what that is..

Thanks.

i think( hope) you can DIY a pylon tech battery and control your inverter with your BMS so no hard shutdowns of your inverter cos your bms is cutting of. convinced that pylon tech is using this bms

Back