diy solar

diy solar

EASUN Isolar SM II 5kW warning code 04

andrey123

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me to the forum. The system I have is about 1 year old
3 phase - 3x inverters on one phase and 2x inverters (EASUN is the same as Axpert MKS II, MppSolar, Alpha outback SPC II etc) per phase for the other 2 phases. Each inverter connected to a string of 10-12 panels (330 and 405W). Also 3 banks of 7x Pylontech US2000C. All was fine until last night when the system has shown 04 low battery alarm and went to the grid. All batteries were around 90%. In the morning when the sun was back it went off the grid and used PV, still flashing 04. I have reset inverters and batteries- everything was OK, until I disconnected mains grid and PV input - it run on batteries for about 20 minutes and stopped again. Batteries were at around 80-85% at this point. I was thinking the battery issue - so disconnected each battery bank in turns, but still the same. During the day batteries were charged back to full but when the sun was gone - system went back to the grid, not using the batteries. I have now reset the inverters and no fault flashes on display - but still would not use the batteries. Reset the batteries - invertors briefly connected to the batteries but went back to the grid within seconds. Now the last battery in each bank shown alarm for about 5 mins. Another thing, I have some strings of 12x405W (total 4,860W) - and the inverter rated max PV array 4,500W, but these panels never get 100% sun exposure so I do not think it is an issue. Also solar cables - some 4mm and others 6mm over 130 meters. Any thoughts or advise highly appreciated, cheers

Can you charge your batteries from the grid up until they are full or on a separate battery charger? From your description it sounds like you are running low and tripping on fault. Your SOC indication should be checked by voltage readings while your batteries are at rest (neither charging nor discharging).

The batteries are charging from both the grid and PV to full, but if I disconnect PV or grid - it will run for 10 minutes (flashing 04) and shut down.
About 60 kWh in batteries and it goes down with 04

04 is low battery warning.

What are your battery settings on the inverter? especially, what is the cut-off voltage set to?

04 is low battery warning.

What are your battery settings on the inverter? especially, what is the cut-off voltage set to?
Thank you for answering - I went over the settings and 29 - battery cut-off somehow changed from 45.5 to 50v, so now all back to normal!!! I definitely did not do it myself. Just curious - I have a Raspberry Pi with third party monitoring software - do you think is it possible to FTP new settings to the inverters? Thanks again

Glad that your issue has been solved.

maybe your monitoring software can do this, which monitoring software are you using?

you can always setup VNC server on your RPI and the VNC client on your laptop or other device.
Then you can remote access your RPI and change most of the settings. (this is the manual way)

You can also write a script on your RPI to automatically send/change inverter settings.
You could for example send the "cut-off 45.5" string periodically to your inverter

*FTP cannot be used for this

Glad that your issue has been solved.

maybe your monitoring software can do this, which monitoring software are you using?

you can always setup VNC server on your RPI and the VNC client on your laptop or other device.
Then you can remote access your RPI and change most of the settings. (this is the manual way)

You can also write a script on your RPI to automatically send/change inverter settings.
You could for example send the "cut-off 45.5" string periodically to your inverter

*FTP cannot be used for this
Thank for your help gdb0701, The software is a third party someone had installed for me but it is not good at all so i will be looking for another option - is there one reasonably good around?

Hi Andrey,
I only know about SolarAssistant which is pretty good and runs on a dedicated RPI. unfortunately in your case to monitor and be able to make changes on your 3x parallel inverters, and 2 others, you would need 3x RPI and 3 licenses. So that becomes pretty expensive....

As far I remember, the SolarAssitant software is around 55 euro's per license. your 3 parallel inverters= 1 license + 2 licenses for the other 2 inverters.

Maybe also have a look at: https://iccsoftware.co.za/icm-pi/ (this can monitor 9 inverters, but they must all be the same model)

Someone on this forum know about another software on RPI that can do this...? (or something on github maybe?)

Hi Andrey,
I only know about SolarAssistant which is pretty good and runs on a dedicated RPI. unfortunately in your case to monitor and be able to make changes on your 3x parallel inverters, and 2 others, you would need 3x RPI and 3 licenses. So that becomes pretty expensive....

As far I remember, the SolarAssitant software is around 55 euro's per license. your 3 parallel inverters= 1 license + 2 licenses for the other 2 inverters.

Maybe also have a look at: https://iccsoftware.co.za/icm-pi/ (this can monitor 9 inverters, but they must all be the same model)

Someone on this forum know about another software on RPI that can do this...? (or something on github maybe?)
Hi, the software I currently run looks like the one from ICC - but I have no access to invertors, just user interface which is not accurate at all, i attached a screenshot, as you you see GUI is the very same, maybe I should try the one from ICC, looks like it does a lot more and only about 40$

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 13
Will continue this thread as it seems to be the closest what I experience.
I am having a ISolar-SMX-II-2.6KW Inverter from EASUN - the yellow one. I have been plugging it to a 2p2s 100Ah 24V Exide Sealed acid batteries connection. I am now using only two of the batteries so 100Ah 24V.

The problem that I am facing is, the error 04. The source priority [01] is set to either SOL or SBU. The charger source is set to SNU [06] PV and mains. The situations what happens is when the inverter uses batteries, the batteries drop down to 22V [04] and the inverter changes to AC mains. But when inverter changes, the batteries quickly starts to climb up to cca 23V - 24V. However, when the batteries reach 23V the inverter immediately changes to batteries back, and this is looping then up and down. I have Utility to Battery setopont [5] at 28.8V and Battery undervoltage setpoint [35] at 28.8V.

I am not seeing here whats wrong, and how can I keep the batteries charging up to 28.8V and then force inverter to change to batteries?

What happens when you select #1 source priority to UTI? Does the batteries charge properly under this mode? You also might try a complete disconnect and restart of your AIO. First turn it off, turn off AC, PV and finally the batteries. Reconnect in reverse with batteries first. Once you are back connected double check all your settings. BTW your low voltage alarm setting has to be at minimum .2v higher than your transfer to utility voltage is set at or the value will not take. I also would not set your transfer point at battery discharge limit setting. Probably best for a lead acid battery to go with 23v minimum.

What happens when you select #1 source priority to UTI? Does the batteries charge properly under this mode? You also might try a complete disconnect and restart of your AIO. First turn it off, turn off AC, PV and finally the batteries. Reconnect in reverse with batteries first. Once you are back connected double check all your settings. BTW your low voltage alarm setting has to be at minimum .2v higher than your transfer to utility voltage is set at or the value will not take. I also would not set your transfer point at battery discharge limit setting. Probably best for a lead acid battery to go with 23v minimum.
Thank you for the hint! I'll try and report back!

So yeah I tried the Utility, and it stays on Bypass, but it won't charge to the full but batteries will stay somewhere where it recovers.
THere was no change when I set the low voltage alarm 0.2 or 0.4 higher. It sets the mode into Inverter at 23V. I also tried to set the alarm and transfer to 23V - higher, and nothing changes. I think my batteries are dead or completely dry.

I own the EAsun SMX II 5.6KW (yellow too).

Yes surely a battery problem, in my opinion the EAsun tries to charge them and the voltage reaches 28.8V and it stops but the battery drops directly because it is defective?

The operating principle in SBU or SOL mode is as follows (only when the "grid" operator network is connected).

When the battery reaches the value of parameter 04 => switch to bypass.
When the battery reaches the value of parameter 05 => switch to battery.

Be careful when a battery charges with a lot of ampere, it can go up in voltage and go down directly as soon as the charge stops. You can set the max load amps with parameter 07.

Below are the values of my parameters with some explanation on how they work.

1681239040051.png

Back