diy solar

diy solar

EaSun ISolar- SMX-II-5.6kW failure at first strart :(

cors E

Hallo everybody,

Warm greetings from chilled Poland now.
I recently bought from ALiExpress EaSun ISolar- SMX-II-5.6kW.
Tried to connect it for a firtst time today to the power bank string of 16 300Ah LIfepo4 cells manged by DALY 150A BMS and utility. NO solar panels yet avaliable :(
... inverter failed at first attempt when mangment display went live after a few seconds error 15 apeared on the dispaly and in the same time RCD breaker cut off the power in whole house. I made another attempt after a while and still the same plus a fuse went off as well.

I removed the cover looked inside the inverter and noticed one the blue capacitor F5 see picture attached (in a shrink black sleve) got a smoky surface ????

Any clues ????

Regards

Cors E

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_194232_resized_20221118_085405480.jpg
    IMG_20221118_194232_resized_20221118_085405480.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 114
Hi. Have you solved this problem? I've a 3.6kW SMX-II and have problems with it too, I think it caused by the batteryless firmware upgrade

F5 may actually be a PTC reset fuse. If its over heating then something is drawing too much current.

Edit: If the RCD breaker (we call them GFI's) is tripping there may be a ground fault somewhere.

Hi. Ihave a problem with smx 2 5,6 kw. It has 03 error. I dont have battery and the inverter is connected to the grid. I spoke with the seller and they told me I could use it without the battery. When is connected to the grid it bypass the inverter( I think) directly to appliances, without using the solar panels . Can someone give me an ideea ? Thank you.

Hi. Ihave a problem with smx 2 5,6 kw. It has 03 error. I dont have battery and the inverter is connected to the grid. I spoke with the seller and they told me I could use it without the battery. When is connected to the grid it bypass the inverter( I think) directly to appliances, without using the solar panels . Can someone give me an ideea ? Thank you.
Hi Florina. You can try a firmware update. Tell me if you have it. Regards

Hallo everybody,

Warm greetings from chilled Poland now.
I recently bought from ALiExpress EaSun ISolar- SMX-II-5.6kW.
Tried to connect it for a firtst time today to the power bank string of 16 300Ah LIfepo4 cells manged by DALY 150A BMS and utility. NO solar panels yet avaliable :(
... inverter failed at first attempt when mangment display went live after a few seconds error 15 apeared on the dispaly and in the same time RCD breaker cut off the power in whole house. I made another attempt after a while and still the same plus a fuse went off as well.

I removed the cover looked inside the inverter and noticed one the blue capacitor F5 see picture attached (in a shrink black sleve) got a smoky surface ????

Any clues ????

Regards

Cors E
Hello mate, did you solved the problem? Regards

Hello.I talked with the vendor and they assured me that the inverter has the last update. The problem is I cant connect to the inverter with the program they sent me. Tommorow I will try to connect one battery bank to it. Lets hope this will solve the problem.

Hello.I talked with the vendor and they assured me that the inverter has the last update. The problem is I cant connect to the inverter with the program they sent me. Tommorow I will try to connect one battery bank to it. Lets hope this will solve the problem.

What is the firmware version of your unit?

The latest firmware version without battery for SMX II 5.6KW would be version 6.35. It is possible that this version brings you problems. Don't expect to be able to mix AC and PV in loads at the same time.

The latest firmware version with battery, the one that came with my unit is there version 6.17. It works well but it is necessary to connect a battery to avoid error 03.

Be careful, before updating your AIO I advise you to read the following posts to avoid bricking your unit, especially you must disconnect the wifi datalogger before making an upgrade :

So you have version 5.6KP (parallel) with stock firmware. If you want to use it without battery and not have error 03 it is necessary to install firmware without battery.

You are the first with a 2.08 version 5.6KP model and I'm not sure if you can use the firmware for the 5.6KW model.

My 5.6KW has a 6.17 version and you have 2.08, that makes a big difference. You should ask the seller for more info.

Where and when did you buy this inverter?

Also if your goal was to use it without batteries and to be able to mix the AC and PV inputs I think you bought the wrong inverter. It is clearly an off grid inverter model, the AC input can be used in bypass mode or to recharge the battery. A load can be powered by a mix of battery and PV but not PV and AC.

I recently bought from ALiExpress EASUN POWER Inverter EU StoreI Solar SMX II 5.6KP WIFI, Poland it works up to 4000w. on load like a 2.50HP motor it stops liturgy and comes out code 5.. and it doesn't liturgy without batteries. only with batteries liturgy..

Last edited:
Check those two posts of mine:

I recently bought from ALiExpress EASUN POWER Inverter EU StoreI Solar SMX II 5.6KP WIFI, Poland it works up to 4000w. on load like a 2.50HP motor it stops liturgy and comes out code 5.. and it doesn't liturgy without batteries. only with batteries liturgy..

1680989357844.png

Do you have a battery strong enough to start a 2.5HP motor ?

It is normal to have the error 03 without battery, it is an inverter designed to operate with a battery.
There is firmware for batteryless operation but until proven otherwise it is unable to mix PV and AC IN.

View attachment 143740

Έχετε μια μπαταρία αρκετά δυνατή για να εκκινήσετε έναν κινητήρα 2,5 HP;

Είναι φυσιολογικό να υπάρχει το σφάλμα 03 χωρίς μπαταρία, είναι ένας μετατροπέας σχεδιασμένος να λειτουργεί με μπαταρία.
Υπάρχει υλικολογισμικό για λειτουργία χωρίς μπαταρία, αλλά μέχρι να αποδειχθεί το αντίθετο, δεν μπορεί να αναμειχθεί PV και AC IN.
View attachment 143740

Έχετε μια μπαταρία αρκετά δυνατή για να εκκινήσετε έναν κινητήρα 2,5 HP;

Είναι φυσιολογικό να υπάρχει το σφάλμα 03 χωρίς μπαταρία, είναι ένας μετατροπέας σχεδιασμένος να λειτουργεί με μπαταρία.
Υπάρχει υλικολογισμικό για λειτουργία χωρίς μπαταρία, αλλά μέχρι να αποδειχθεί το αντίθετο, δεν μπορεί να αναμειχθεί PV και AC IN.
Έχω 24 μπαταρίες AMPERORIA (AH): 320 (c5) 7680 AH...12N PANEL 235W= 2820W δεν είναι καλό να λιτάζεις μοτέρ 2,50 ίππων....
View attachment 143740

Do you have a battery strong enough to start a 2.5HP motor ?

It is normal to have the error 03 without battery, it is an inverter designed to operate with a battery.
There is firmware for batteryless operation but until proven otherwise it is unable to mix PV and AC IN.
I have 24 batteries AMPERORIA (AH): 320 (c5) 7680 AH...12N PANEL 235W= 2820W is not good to liturgize a 2.50 hp motor....

You have a 24V battery of 320Ah therefore 7680kWh. Your 2.5HP motor = 1900W / 24V draws 79A current from your battery.

Is it a lead acid battery? What technology? Is it designed to draw a current of 79A? See your battery's datasheet.

Can you measure the voltage drop when the motor starts?

Back