diy solar

diy solar

Easun SMG II 5,6KP vs SMX II S,6KW?

Adrian R

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 models of Easun hybrid inverter?
SMG II 5,6 KP

SMX II 5,6KW

They seem to be quite similar on the specs sheet.

Or maybe the difference compared to other Easun models? SML, SV, etc ...
Thank you

Hi Adrian,

I'm just comparing these two models ?

EAsun SMG II 5.6kW would be based on a "Sumry" board
EAsun SMX II 5.6kW corresponds to the model "SRNE HF4850S80-H" see the links below.

I own an EAsun SMX and I have a friend who has the EAsun SMG.

The boards are different, the protocol to connect it with Home Assistant or Solar Assistant is different.

EAsun SMX board

EAsun_SMX_board.jpg

EAsun SMG board

EAsun_SMG_board.png

The iPower application on Windows works with the EAsun SMX.

EAsun SMX iPower 2.1 Grille Pain + PV 226W.png

Solar Assistant and EAsun model

1669673185412.png

;)

Thank you very much! In terms of performance/ idle consumption/ fans working non stop on SMG 2, i don't know if they ever stop on SMX, what can you tell me?

With SMX the fans seem to run gradually based on the inverter load percentage. When there is no consumption it does not work. With SMG they work all the time and therefore the temperature remains lower in SMG.

Here are the consumptions that I measured with SMX 5.6kW :

The yellow column represents the consumption of the inverter at different load level and is equal to the BMS - Wattmeter power.

1671040643510.png

Edited : 17/01/2023 - JK BMS measurement is not accurate for currents <= 1A. Below is the corrected consumption.
1673976360657.png

I don't have much experience with this inverter yet.
Probably you can find better but more expensive too.

Last edited:
I edited my message concerning the no-load consumption of the EAsun SMX 5.6kW inverter.

JK BMS measurement is not accurate for currents <= 1A.

Last edited:
Thank you! How about Mppt performance with the solar panels on the SMX and the SMG?

Concerning SMX I don't have much experience yet to talk about it but as the weather isn't very nice where I live and the PVs are very badly oriented for the winter.

In low light, the MPPT tracker continuously tracks the voltage range from Voc max to 90V.

I think this behavior would be improved with 2 strings of 4 panels in parallel but it is not possible as the PV input is max 22A.

It is a string of 8 Jinko panels of 415WC.
  • Voc max 301.84V
  • Max Imp 13.17A

I ask my friends about the behavior of SMG.

04_PVCurrent - MPPT and low light.png
04_PVVolt - MPPT and low light.png
04_PVPow - MPPT and low light.png
04_BatPow - MPPT and low light.png
04_BatCurrent - MPPT and low light.png
04_BatVolt - MPPT and low light.png

Regarding the behavior of my SCC MPPT you will find very interesting information on this topic.

Thank you!
My SMG 2 is not good at all at charging during cloudy days. Same string on a Power One Aurora on grid inverter can produce 100 watt or more and SMG 2 doesn't do anything

With SMX the fans seem to run gradually based on the inverter load percentage. When there is no consumption it does not work. With SMG they work all the time and therefore the temperature remains lower in SMG.
hi, is it possible to stop the bad fans on SMG ?

thank you, I will try to cut them with 40º temp switch
and hope no fault code 1...
bonne année !

Please let me know if you are successful with that. I am thinking of doing the same. Thank you!

Me ... Not yet. On the other hand I am quite disappointed with the Mppt performance of SMG II. Today I was getting only about 124 watt from a string of 400 vdc and about 2500-3000 wp, while same string delivered 300 watt on a growatt min 6000 tl x on grid inverter!

I dont know, i am new at this, dont have other inverter to test same string. Today was cloudy with little snow, no visible sun.Screenshot_2023-01-28-17-48-34-828_com.eybond.smartclient.ess.jpg when its rain white clouds i get most 80wp, for 3.6kw PV, but i have 20m of cables one way 6mm2 to inverter 11A max current for my strings of panels.

Have a nice day, everybody,
I have an Easun SMXII 5.6 KW. After replacing the motherboard, the output to the appliances shows only 1/3 of the actual power consumption. In inverter 1/3 amp in monitoring 1/3 Wh and amp. The technician says it's a fault of the CT1 or CT2 components that are on the board. I have these components on my old board and was wondering if I should replace them. I'm afraid to interfere so would like advice if this is really the cause of the problem.

Translated with DeepL

Back