diy solar

diy solar

EASY way to read EVE date codes

Alkaline

Solar Wizard
Here is an easy Way to read date codes (btw I took this image form this thread so I hope the Original OP doesn't get mad...)

OK so here is what you are looking for its the first 3 letters on the 2nd portion of the code.

FIRST LETTER IS THE YEAR
ok so 1-9 corresponds to 2011-2019, A = 2020, B = 2021, C = 2022, D= 2023

SECOND LETTER IS THE MONTH
1-9 corresponds from January to September, A = October, B = November, C= December

THIRD LETTER IS THE DAY
1-9 corresponds to 1-9 of the day, and the rest are A, B, C, D = 10,11,12,13 and so on (note some letters are skipped like I and O as they are too similar to 1 and 0)

So in this case the attached is BCW that would mean it is made in 2021, on December, and like W is 29th or So

So basically a late 2021 / early 2022 cell.

Attachments

• example-dc.jpg
    example-dc.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 39
Also this

I was working on figuring out the date codes on my EVE cells over the weekend, and I assumed that the letters just went down the alphabet with each letter from A on corresponding to the numbers greater than 10. I found out, as the first poster stated, some numbers are skipped, so that is not correct, and there is not a June 31st. :)

Then I saw Andy from the Off Grid Garage youtube channel mention an App called LiFePoQR Battery QR Scanner which can scan the battery codes and decode the information, including the date. I gave it a go, and it is awesome. It remembers the scan history and provides a way to export a csv or xls file with the table of data for all of the cells scanned.

Anyway, I had some cells with the day code of V and W. According to the LiFePoQR app, they corresponded to 27 and 28 respectively. So I began to wonder which letters were skipped and used the https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html web page to test out different codes until I had it figured out.

The skipped letters are:
  • I (which looks too much like one. This is a capital I, as in the person pronoun, not a lower case L)
  • O (which looks too much like 0)
  • Q (which is difficult to distinguish from O)
  • U (which I assume was dropped because it looks kind of like V, which was kept)
So the letter 'A' corresponds to the 10th day of the month, and 'Z' corresponds to the 31st day of the month, and the rest of the letters are used in order, skipping the ones noted above.

Also, one final thing from the https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html page. At the bottom of the page, they point out that some people are putting fake QR codes over the original QR code now. (Where there is opportunity, there is going to be fraud. So frustrating.) Anyway, it appears that to print the code, they have to mottle the background over the original code. This might be something to look for.

Just remember, the day the cell is built is not the day it is manufactured. It takes 30-45 days after the make this cell before it gets first Birthday charge.

I remember watching a youtube video about this, but basically once you build a cell you have to let it rest for a month or so before you can give it its initial charge and test. The cell is considered manufactured after it gets first charge.

so True manufactured date is QR Code + 30-45 days.

I tried to get my older Motorola phone to read the QR codes and it failed. The app ran, but the phone would never identify the QR code.

I had success with a one year old Samsung. It popped up a warning that the app was written for an older version of android, but the app ran, and generally the phone picked up the QR code right away.

I noticed a couple of issues that affected the ability of the phone to identify the QR code. If the black adhesive cover was even just touching the edge of the QR code, not even covering any of it, the phone couldn't read it. Also, glare from lighting or a shadow edge within the QR code made it difficult to read. Once I worked out the lighting, it went much better.

I downloaded and tried the app over the weekend on my Samsung Tab A7 Lite, it worked perfectly. The EVE cells I purchased a couple of months ago showed a build date almost exactly 1 year prior.

That app never reads my codes I have galaxy s9 and it has a decent camera but not good enough for the this app ?

That app never reads my codes I have galaxy s9 and it has a decent camera but not good enough for the this app ?
Odd
My $100 tablet with 5mp camera and no flash/light reads it
Needed to use a torch at various angles to get a read but read it did.

I checked my batteries in the basement with only fair light. I did have to move my tablet around on a few of them (including from all directions, including front to back, and in close) for a few of them to read, but they all were able to be read with it.

Back