diy solar

diy solar

EasySolar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100 GX - System Design

JacquesC

The plan is to be mostly off grid with option of Grid Imput, system will be in southern Spain

Planned Components:

-Easy Solar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100

-3x Pylontech US3000C (10Kwh ish)

-6x Risen 550Wp RSM110-8-550M (3s2p) (38.27Voc, 18.28 Isc)

House usage is around 10Kwh per day, with peaks of around 5Kw

Querries... What do you think of these components, will the Solar panels be okay with the MPPT? I think I can safely get up to 5s 2p if im not mistaken. I realise I could probably use another 1 or 2 batteries, but they are expensive, so I've gone a little overboard with the PV to compensate, there is Grid as backup as I say. What do you guys think? Any advice or imput is welcome

The plan is to be mostly off grid with option of Grid Imput, system will be in southern Spain

Planned Components:

-Easy Solar-II 48/5000/70-50 MPPT 250/100

-3x Pylontech US3000C (10Kwh ish)

-6x Risen 550Wp RSM110-8-550M (3s2p) (38.27Voc, 18.28 Isc)

House usage is around 10Kwh per day, with peaks of around 5Kw

Querries... What do you think of these components, will the Solar panels be okay with the MPPT? I think I can safely get up to 5s 2p if im not mistaken. I realise I could probably use another 1 or 2 batteries, but they are expensive, so I've gone a little overboard with the PV to compensate, there is Grid as backup as I say. What do you guys think? Any advice or imput is welcome

Use the Victron MPPT calculator to check whether your proposed array design works for your MPPT.

I'm a silly goose, I've seen the Calculator, but it was only letting me use Victron Panels, I've just noticed the custom module thanks to you, thank you
The biggest complaints with it are with user interface it seems like. It'll show a little bit of its math also if you click the right buttons.

The old excel version is more technical/transparent (and it gets updated with the new controllers so it's an option).

Thanks for the info, the excel sheet is much better for me, I've decided on some different Panels, 405W ones which will let me configure up to 10 (5s 2p)
Does anyone have experience with the EasySolar II 5000? I think it seems pretty affordable for what it does, compact, and can be configured in parallel with another Easysolar II or a Multi II from what I can work out, which is kinda awesome.

Easy Solar is a excellent system and very versatile with grid input can handle 8kw or so seamlessly, the software does take a little understanding so if you are DIY you need technical backup.
Mine is programmed to charge with offpeak power and also charge an EV when there is surplus solar.
Battery is 2 x Pylontech 5000. Solar 12 x 400w panels, not ideal orientation, not exporting to grid.

Back