diy solar

diy solar

Eaton 9390 75kVA UPS

Skipr

about a year ago, I was buying some server racks from a data center tear down in Tampa and the guy ripping things out said..."hey, I have something you really need..." ya right... well he had a full EATON 9390 75kVA UPS (minus the batteries)... this thing is a beast! He wanted $750 for it and the battery enclosure and I told him "no... I don't need a 75kVA UPS..." as I was about to leave it dropped the price to $500... UGH... so of course now I have a 75kVA UPS sitting in my shop garage.
1633310206560.png
1633310236786.png

My thinking originally is there is something that I should be able to do with it. They are selling on eBay for a reasonable amount, but... However, now that I am doing more research into all in one solar systems this seems to be old and outdated. It would handle some massive power spikes though.

My question is a) has anyone done anything with something like this? Is there anything else I can use it for? I thought about parting it out and using some of the components for a separate system.

I don't think I can program it to support Lithium batteries (maybe), but getting it up, running and hooked into my shop would likely take an EATON service tech and cost more then I would like to pay. I have downloaded all the service docs, but it is not a simple system.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with something like this?

LifePo4 Uses same voltage than Lead Acid.
Im installing a APC 30KVA now, with LFP 192 Volts. No BMS exists for that. Fuses and Breakers. Worst Case, the high Voltage Fries the Cells. No Major issue to surroundings.

Back