diy solar

diy solar

EATON - Cooper Bussmann Pure Sine Inverters - Any good?

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
Good Morning,

Anyone have any experience with EATON - Cooper Bussmann Pure Sine Inverters?
These are supposedly used in Semis and Ambulances and there are supposed to be a bunch in use out there.

Anyone care to comment to the build/internal design, are they really robust?

Eaton is generally a quality company, but I have no experience with their inverters.

$500 for 1500W seems pretty spendy.

That one doesn't offer charging function. That's another $68:

I don't see a weight anywhere, but I'm guessing it's likely a high frequency inverter with little to no surge capability.

Looks like the inverter is around 15 lbs,
I had to look up high vs low freq.
So, low = good = big azz copper winding = surge capacity

FYI from Eaton's Manual:

Finish: Anodized Aluminum Terminals: 1045 steel, Bright Tin Plate per ASTM-B545, Class A over, Nickel Plate per ASTM-B689, Type 1 Connectors: • DC input: M8 x 1.25 Stud • Chassis ground: M6 x 1.00 Stud • AC output: AC NEMA outlet with knockouts for AC Input and optional AC output. Built-in AC NEMA outlet is GFCI protected. The built in AC GFCI outlet does NOT control the external AC connections. An external GFCI should be added if using external AC connections. Weight: Non-E models: 6.8kG [15.0lb], E models: 5.3kG [11.7lb] Torque DC input cable fasteners to 12.2 -13.6 Nm Torque chassis ground cable fastener to 6.6 – 7.3 Nm

Might be fine. Depends on what you're powering. If you don't have anything big with a motor, it's a non-issue.

Might be fine. Depends on what you're powering. If you don't have anything big with a motor, it's a non-issue.
ok, no intended use yet other than a small 600 watt microwave in the van to reheat food.
Just looking to understand what makes a good inverter, I also have size limitation under the bench seats, gotta go out and mesure.

600W microwave pulls about 1000W, so you should be fine.
The one for sale locally has ATS built in, but it does not have a charger build in.

Idle consumption and dimensions, I have to compare it with other major brands.

Back