Eb150 wont solar charge e017

jimjames

I recently picked up a bluetti eb150 and some thunderbolt solar panels. Ive verified the voltage of one of the solar panels I want to use: 22.5 volts.
When I connect this to the bluetti, the bluetti displays the E017 message. The error code suggests to unplug the input and restart the machine. I do as it suggests then reconnect the solar panel and I get the same result. Ive also tried a pair of panels and same result.
The provided AC wall charger charges the device no problem.
I read in another thread a user mentions a way to reset the bluetti, but have not found this documented in the manual or on the web. Anyone have information on this?

jimjames

I sent the faulty unit to them and they sent me another faulty unit back. This time the EB150 gave no indication of charging or error message. Going to get a refund and look into a different company.

kevin.riley

I sent the faulty unit to them and they sent me another faulty unit back. This time the EB150 gave no indication of charging or error message. Going to get a refund and look into a different company.
Not good, are the units they've been sending the reconditioned offers on Maxoak ?

jimjames

Not good, are the units they've been sending the reconditioned offers on Maxoak ?
Seems likely because the inspection date on this recently received one was 10/25/2019. It is such carelessness to send a replacement and not even verify the solar charging aspect works. I explained the problem clearly to the customer service agent.

ziggy29

Have you been able to confirm through other testing that the solar panel itself is not faulty?

jimjames

I tried multiple configurations. tried with 4 separate panels all reading with multimeter near 21 volts. also tried a pair reading 43 volts. then all 4 panels connected reading 43 volts. I have read others on forum has had this problem too. the input meter on the bluetti reads 0.

Edit: A few days later I got some guidance from Bud Martin. The issue was that my solar panel has stock SAE connectors and I did not attach the MC4 to SAE connector provided adapter to reverse the polarity. See this thread for more info: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/alternative-to-the-eb150.32401/

Last edited: