diy solar

diy solar

eBay Renogy

Nitrodave

I found Renogy smart 100 amh battery on eBay for $400 … think these are fakes ? Supposed to be new, but half the price … scared.

Message the seller with questions. LooK at seller reviews.

I see people selling things for new on E-Bay they received new and never used And no longer need.

Is this the one?

Ask the seller if he/she can at least test the Voltage and show what the reading is. I cannot tell form the barcode as to when the battery is made.

Ye
Is this the one?

Ask the seller if he/she can at least test the Voltage and show what the reading is. I cannot tell form the barcode as to when the battery is made.

yes that is the one. I will ask them. I’m just learning about this stuff, it’s a bit intimidating.

$400 + Shpd + Tax, that is a lot of money to find out if it is really new and working or not, shipping back will not be cheap either.

I emailed the seller….
masked if these were current production batteries…. And if they had any test documents….
they replied with , you can check our feedback….

thanks, that tells me enough… I ordered an SOK…. I’ll wait for it.

I emailed the seller….
masked if these were current production batteries…. And if they had any test documents….
they replied with , you can check our feedback….

thanks, that tells me enough… I ordered an SOK…. I’ll wait for it.
Good choice, I do not believe the seller knows if the battery is brand new or not, or if it is good working condition.

I ordered a couple, they look like overstock. I had a pair I got from batteryhookup that were straight from renogy, the ones I got had identical packaging, accessories and appear to be factory sealed. I'm going to get them on the bench and test tommorow.

I ordered a couple, they look like overstock. I had a pair I got from batteryhookup that were straight from renogy, the ones I got had identical packaging, accessories and appear to be factory sealed. I'm going to get them on the bench and test tommorow.
And ... How did they work? Capacity?

Battery hookup just finished a big sale on Renogy products. A lot of their stuff ends up on ebay later through third party sellers.

I'm looking at you Navitas scalping A-holes. ?

I found Renogy smart 100 amh battery on eBay for $400 … think these are fakes ? Supposed to be new, but half the price … scared.
There was a surplus company here in SoCal selling brand new in sealed box 100 amp Renogy Smart Lithium batteries for 300.00 then 325.00 . I bought two of them and have had zero problems so far. They’ve been installed in my trailer for about 3 months now. A friend of mine picked one up too and has had no problems with his. I actually picked his up the same time I bought mine. So his has been in service as long as mine. He uses his more than I do.
I recently tested it on a trip to the Nevada desert for nine days. I brought a back up genny just in case. Using the Renogy 200watt solar panel suitcase setup with charge controller I never had to pull the genny out of the trailer and run it.
My use model isn’t very high. In the morning I use the coffee maker, microwave and ice machine. During the day I run the microwave occasionally, the ice machine, and rarely the ice box on ac. On top of this I run the stereo and charge my tablet, phone, drone and other 5 volt devices. I did not run the air cond. but did run the blower for it. I think the lowest I saw the batteries SOC was 72 percent. Each day I was back at 96 to 100 percent SOC.
Those batteries are now listed for 450.00. Supply is getting low so he raised his prices.

A side note,

I was concerned about whether or not I needed a dc-dc converter to charge from the tow vehicle. I read a lot of input on this topic on this site. After reading so much information and misinformation I went to another source and was told that as long as I don’t need the batteries at 100 percent SOC once I arrive at my destination I would be fine.
I went for it and after a 15 hour drive I arrived and checked the battery via the BLE app and found them to be at around 90 percent if I remember right. The charge current was quite low during the trip according to the app. So, it appears you don’t need a dc-dc converter for your battery IF you are not running high current devices and you can charge via solar or shore power or etc. at your destination. I don’t run any 12v devices in the trailer while underway.

UPDATE: I just found this interesting piece on YT made by Victron regarding charging Lifepo4 batteries from an auto alternator. It’s got me thinking about it again. However, my previous truck, a 2003 Tundra with towing package never had an issue charging while the trailer was connected and a single LIFEPO4 was installed. I now have a 2017 Tundra with tow package and the same trailer with two 100 amp Renogy Smart Lithium batteries in parallel. As stated above after 15 hours of towing each way I didn’t experience any problems with the electrical system. The Bluetooth app never showed a significant current draw during the times I checked it.

Don.

Last edited:
Back