diy solar

diy solar

Eco Flow Lack Of Lifepo4 Across All Power Stations

walkingonsunshine

Hi All. First post other than intro post section. I have a 1st generation Eco Flow Delta from 2020 and am happy with it. Can run my chest freezer for a long time and paired with my new Rich 200 watt mega 9bb panel, I can probably run it indefinitely. However, my goal is to run my regular 20 cuft fridge (traditional top freezer, no ice maker or anything fancy), small chest freezer, couple of pedestal fans and small energy star rated window AC. Of course not all at once, would rotate. I live in country where we are susceptible to numerous power outages due mostly to weather and sometimes vehicle accidents. 2 vehicle accidents in last couple years that caused power pole damage. So instead of getting another Ecoflow product, I went with the Bluetti EB200 because it has more lifecycles with the better lifepo4 battery technology. I didn't have the money for the huge Pro. Heck, the EB200 is technically portable, but barely as it is heavy.

I think if Ecoflow used the lifepo4 batteries in their River, mini and regular Delta power stations, they would sell more products. Anyone high up in the know (looking at you, Will) have any information on if they plan to add them across their entire line of products? Yes, no, when, why or why not.

Anybody? Is my thread in the wrong section? Should it be in the one dedicated to the red headed cousin section (you know, the mostly inactive ignored one because it isn't as cool as the others that you provide your own batteries, need to perform crimping and such) for plug and play power stations? This seems like a good question to get people to discuss why such a big company as Ecoflow has NOT included the newer and longer lifecycle lifepo4 batteries in any of the products except for the very expensive Delta Pro. Seems they would sell so much more of their power stations if they did so.

Additionally, I was hoping decision makers from Ecoflow would see this and hopefully start using the lifepo4 batteries in ALL of their products. I have posted this question to their Facebook page only to be ignored. Hmm, not unlike here actually. Go figure.

Well, I have no experience with these portable units.
So, I have no comments, either way.
Just wanted to let you know that your post is viewable. And eventually, someone will have an opinion on the subject.

Thanks for the reply timselectric. Trying to contribute and get comments that lead to eyeballs that make the decisions on changes for the better. Lifepo4 is better. At least that seems to be the general train of thought here and other forums and videos.

LiFePO4 is better in some ways, and worse in others (primarily energy density). Ecoflow seems to favor portability over cycle count for more of their current products.

Last edited:
This comes up fairly regularly in the official EcoFlow Facebook groups.

My short 2 cents. I don’t need the cycles for my application, grid outages. I’ll never come close to 800 cycles to lose 20% capacity. I would get the Delta Pro if I needed to cycle daily.

I prefer the lighter weight of my NMC EcoFlows. I hurt my back last time I moved my Bluetti AC200P.

LiFePO4 is better in some ways, and worse in others (primarily power density). Ecoflow seems to favor portability over cycle count for more of their current products.
Thanks for your reply. I need to look up power density and compare. This is all so new to me. Hence, why I bought plug and play power stations.

My short 2 cents. I don’t need the cycles for my application, grid outages. I’ll never come close to 800 cycles to lose 20% capacity. I would get the Delta Pro if I needed to cycle daily.

I prefer the lighter weight of my NMC EcoFlows. I hurt my back last time I moved my Bluetti AC200P.
So have any of your FB groups ever heard a reply straight from Ecoflow for this? Is it portability over cycles? I live in north Florida and since we moved out to the country a few years ago, we experience more power outages. Plus, we have the weather and really bad (drunk or drugged) drivers who run into power poles going 70+mph on a dirt country back road.

Portability, yeah technically my big heavy Bluetti EB200 is portable, but like you, my back feels it at 60+ pounds. I employ a hand cart.

So have any of your FB groups ever heard a reply straight from Ecoflow for this? Is it portability over cycles?
I don't believe EcoFlow has officially stated their business reasons. If people weren't buying NMC then I guess they would move the whole production line to LiFePO4? They obviously use LifFePO4 for the Delta Pro so they must use it where they think it's appropriate. Possibly a moot point and we'll be going to sodium or whatever else soon enough.

I don't believe EcoFlow has officially stated their business reasons. If people weren't buying NMC then I guess they would move the whole production line to LiFePO4? They obviously use LifFePO4 for the Delta Pro so they must use it where they think it's appropriate. Possibly a moot point and we'll be going to sodium or whatever else soon enough.
Well if the sodium comes along in the next year year or so, that means red tag sale for the lifepo4 power stations. I am cool with that!

cycles is only part of the equation for lithium cells. Calender aging is also faster on NMC. Even if you cycle your EcoFlow 1 time a year, NMC Cells degrade at nearly 5% capacity a year vs 2% for LFP.

Back