diy solar

diy solar

Eco-Worthy 100Ah Battery

harpo

Good at many things, master of none
Has anyone done any testing or experience with the Eco-Worthy LifePo4 100Ah battery? I see it for sale for $359. That is dirt cheap which intrigues on one level but concerned on another.
Anyway, would appreciate any comments on this battery. Certainly wouldn't trust it for my solar system but for a project or two I might consider it.

I purchased 2 x 12v LifeP04 100ah batteries from Eco worthy UK in Aug 22
Sadly I ran into a problem with one of them! My set up was an upgrade from a 12v system to 24v I woke up on my first day with my inverter beeping low battery. Fully recharged with a mains charger both batteries to the same voltage, next morning same thing.
I decided to keep it simple this time and set them up on my 12v system, no beeping this time but the batteries wouldn't stop charging stayed in absorbtion (sorry about spelling) mode and my victron charge controller got very hot.
In the end I ran a load of tests (from utube) on first using my known good renogy battery that I already had. Then on both of the eco worthy batteries and came to the conclusion that one battery had what I think is a faulty BMS. I contacted eco worthy, listed how I came to my conclusion and without any hesitation they offered to replace it. Within 3 days I had a new battery, set up my 24v system with a battery balancer and it's been running great since.

Eco worthy UK customer service was great, and I wouldn't have a problem using the again for batteries.
Ow and they didn't ask for the faulty battery back so when I get the chance I will pull it apart and learn how to test the internal cells and maybe fits new BMS

they just rolled off new battery with blue label. Not much information about it just single q&a post about "being different battery manufacture". Its 259+tax on Amazon US right now. Not sure...
and its not dirt cheap - dirt cheap is 219+tax for 100Ah, some noname brand, Amazon US

I don't know about this specific eco worthy battery, although I'm drawn to it over other similar options as they seem to care about their brand name more than these fly by night name brands common in solar / batteries. I'm also tempted at the $260 price obviously.

There's also a LISUATELI w/ decent reviews, 12v 100ah for about the same price ($250 - 20 coupon + 30 shipping = 260). They claim 4s is ok, like the eco worthy. I think they also claim a low temp protection, but I see so many batteries where sellers give 2 totally different answers re low temp cutoff for the same product, so I don't really trust it.

I don't know if this is just black friday pricing, or if maybe were experiencing a step downwards in the price of these batteries. Could be cheaper components emerging in this popular battery segment, or maybe shipping prices have fallen. Not sure. I was gonna build my own battery w/ lifepo4 cells, but the price of these amazon-to-my-door batts is getting close, and I don't need to wait 2 months for a chinese boat.

and its not dirt cheap - dirt cheap is 219+tax for 100Ah, some noname brand, Amazon US
But that model (enelong) cant take any series wiring, and has a 25/50amp bms. It's also like 35 lbs vs 23lbs for other batts. They must be using different types of cells. Maybe theyre using extra reject cells in parallel to meet capacity?

Has anyone done any testing or experience with the Eco-Worthy LifePo4 100Ah battery? I see it for sale for $359. That is dirt cheap which intrigues on one level but concerned on another.
Anyway, would appreciate any comments on this battery. Certainly wouldn't trust it for my solar system but for a project or two I might consider it.
I have eco worthy. There,s a teardown vid on youtube and they use ganfeng cells and jbd bms. Mine works well had it a while now.

Back