diy solar

diy solar

ECO-WORTHY LiFeP04 Lithium 20/30Ah Battery opinion on ebay

Any updates on these Eco-worthy batteries? I am contemplating the 30 Ah one for my camper.

I pulled the trigger on this battery and got two of them. Unfortunately having removed the case top and peeked inside I discovered the BMS on this battery is the cheap Chinese one, rather than the bespoke one they picture on the ad. Unfortunate, but I hope my low draw use of these will keep this cheap part from failing.

I am using these batteries, two of the 30 Ah ones, for a mobile ham shack and camper to run a 100 watt ham radio and some lights and whatnot, maybe charge some phones and stuff via USB. The ham radio uses a 35 amp power supply to run off of 12 volts when in a base station installation (I am told this power supply is overkill for this radio) but will and does run directly from 12 volts in a mobile or portable application.

I have wired the two batteries in parallel and hooked them up to the solar charge controller, the Rich Solar 20 amp MPPT charge controller. I now have to figure out how to connect everything to the charge controller, most of my stuff is set up for cigarette lighter plugs, so I may get a multi output one and wire that in, using USB sockets to charge the USB devices.

I’m late to the party, but imho, stay away from Eco Worthy. I fell victim to their “junk”, and I use that word nicely.

I was buying solar stuff from newpowa, and the quality was great but they had a limited selection, plus they always seemed to be out of stock on stuff, so I switched to Eco Worthy. I assumed the Chinese stuff would be all the same,,,,,,, wrong.

Although I can’t vouch for their lithium ion batterie, if the quality is anything like their other stuff, run,,,,, don’t walk. I bought one of their “kits” to begin my small house across the street. It seemed like a bargain, just short of $1000. It took a total of 3 weeks to receive everything, it came from different places. One of the solar panels was shattered, the other looks lime it was used as a bobsled. The better one puts out a whopping 3 amps on a sunny day. The charge controller PD (if you can find it online) is written in Chinglish,,, it’s so bad I can’t make sense of it. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to change the settings.

annnnnd that’s not all folks. Both of the gel AGM batteries wired in parallel charges to 13 volts, then as soon as a small load is applied they belly flop to 12.2 volts.
when I tried calling, some woman answered the phone and there was a rooster crowing so loud I could not make sense of what she was saying (no, I am not making this shit up). They promised another panel would be on its way.

After five days past and no information on a new panel, I’ve tried calling again which I can get no answer. I have sent several emails but they almost all go unanswered. finally, somebody that goes by the name of George told me to take pictures and send it to him. I did, and nothing there after.

I have since filed a PayPal dispute to try to get my money back. I am still waiting for the investigation to complete, and I hope for the best. Oh you better believe they are all about getting a hold of me now. they mysteriously answer every email I send. I am still sitting here as I write this without a working system and I am out almost $1000. They keep requesting that I cancel the dispute, yet they have still failed to make good on any missing and or broken parts. then I found out all of their Amazon reviews are fake, they also have something set up on the website that says something is purchased every five seconds but it’s all a bunch of horse crap. they are nothing more than some Chinese hustler sitting somewhere in a hut.

The old saying goes that you get what you pay for, and believe me, I am preaching to myself as well as to anybody else that will happen across this.

Does anyone make sense of the voltage levels with these Eco Worthy 12V batteries.

I assume this is a 3S battery, so 100% charge should be 12.6V. But the instructions on the battery say max charge voltage 14.5V.

Does the BMS then handle this and reduces the voltage? Charging to 14.5 would ruin the battery otherwise if its a 3s, correct?

My plan is to charge this battery to 80% to maximize the number of cycles. But I am a bit confused what would be 80%. My guess would be 11.7V. But this 14.5 confuses me. Any thoughts on this?

Back