diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow DELTA 1300 (Plug-N-Play)

Most of Jehu's livestream was of him building the ammobox battery. Skip way forward to see how he connected it in parallel with the Delta's internal battery.

Most of Jehu's livestream was of him building the ammobox battery. Skip way forward to see how he connected it in parallel with the Delta's internal battery.
you are correct , so one can actually just get another battery with bms built in and they do the same connection to the 1300 as he did? Im a rookie here , just asking lol

you are correct , so one can actually just get another battery with bms built in and they do the same connection to the 1300 as he did? Im a rookie here , just asking lol
Yes but it needs to have the same cell configuration and chemistry as OM pack

Yes but it needs to have the same cell configuration and chemistry as OM pack
Will, i stumbled upon your youtube channel and i have to say .. Im very happy I did. I think the way you come across is real and as a business person , you handle yourself and self promote in a very professional way .. and in doing so .. you should earn as much as you deserve , a job well done . I'm a pretty busy guy , so at this point in life, i really dont have the time to set up all the great stuff I've seen from you and watched many of your videos. Anyways .. I ordered the Ecoflow for this reason, I figure , for $1200.00 all all that it does , only a couple hundred bucks more then a great 100ah battery , Yes? .. I got it ..really just for emergencies if power out for 8, 10, 14 hours ...whatever, to be able to power a home Refrigerator and few other things for a while , but since , i figure a couple more refrigerators for 2 other apartments in our home ... I realize now , while the ecoflow , could power all that ...the time to run will be greatly reduced ..you get the idea ... you need more battery and with the ecoflow , you need to daisy chain another unit or 2 ... i dont like that ... Will, i saw that other fellow do the hack in adding battery .. i have a few questions , one i dont have the time or energy to build the battery packs like he did .. i have no problem , spending money to have more power for the ecoflow ... i'd just like a simpler hack ..lol ... Question , if these units can be daisy chained from the plugs , why cant you daisy chain them to an external battery ( I'm a Rookie so dumb questions i know ..lol ... I dont know if you saw his video on hack or even know the guy, seem pretty smart in this stuff like you.
... anyways .. i know he also said you can have an external battery and dump the power thru the existing xt60 port? he wasn't 100% clear on it ... anyways I trust your feedback and knowledge and thank you for any input ..do a video , i would love to see that and much respect for even answering this message .. Thanks again

Will, i stumbled upon your youtube channel and i have to say .. Im very happy I did. I think the way you come across is real and as a business person , you handle yourself and self promote in a very professional way .. and in doing so .. you should earn as much as you deserve , a job well done . I'm a pretty busy guy , so at this point in life, i really dont have the time to set up all the great stuff I've seen from you and watched many of your videos. Anyways .. I ordered the Ecoflow for this reason, I figure , for $1200.00 all all that it does , only a couple hundred bucks more then a great 100ah battery , Yes? .. I got it ..really just for emergencies if power out for 8, 10, 14 hours ...whatever, to be able to power a home Refrigerator and few other things for a while , but since , i figure a couple more refrigerators for 2 other apartments in our home ... I realize now , while the ecoflow , could power all that ...the time to run will be greatly reduced ..you get the idea ... you need more battery and with the ecoflow , you need to daisy chain another unit or 2 ... i dont like that ... Will, i saw that other fellow do the hack in adding battery .. i have a few questions , one i dont have the time or energy to build the battery packs like he did .. i have no problem , spending money to have more power for the ecoflow ... i'd just like a simpler hack ..lol ... Question , if these units can be daisy chained from the plugs , why cant you daisy chain them to an external battery ( I'm a Rookie so dumb questions i know ..lol ... I dont know if you saw his video on hack or even know the guy, seem pretty smart in this stuff like you.
... anyways .. i know he also said you can have an external battery and dump the power thru the existing xt60 port? he wasn't 100% clear on it ... anyways I trust your feedback and knowledge and thank you for any input ..do a video , i would love to see that and much respect for even answering this message .. Thanks again
I would not build expandable pack for the delta. It's not designed to be used for stationary use really. Especially considering round trip efficiency. Use a Titan instead or build your own. Much easier than trying to hack the delta and to deal with the inherent downsides.

Will , thanks for the honest answer and probably right answer .... but .... I have it now .. so I need to work with it and deal with the shortcomings, still would like to know the lowest cost and easiest way to triple the power storage on this thing .. without blowing myself up .. lol

It would be kinda cool to do something like that to the Bluetti. But instead of expanding the capacity, it is to have external access to the battery for a sligtly more powerful external inverter.

Complete noob here. I saw in Will's video that charging the ecoflow with panels in parallel is not recommended, but why? Recently bought an RV with one panel charging the house battery and 3 in parallel that previous owner had used to charge a yeti 1000 with MPPT controller. Just trying to figure out easiest way to take advantage of what I've got.

Last edited:
The Eco
I saw in Will's video that charging the ecoflow with panels in parallel is not recommended, but why?
The EcoFlow Delta is limited to 10 amps. Let's say those three panels produce a max of 5 amps each. If they are connected in parallel, they can produce 15 amps total but the Delta will only accept 10 amps. Generally, these solar stations have charge controllers designed for series connections (accept higher voltage) than parallel (high amps). The latter requires thicker wires and more safety. Will also said something about not necessarily trusting the current limiting of the Delta, but he did not say why. I guess it's not something you would want to depend on.

Hi,
Panels in parallel is fine, but you need to do your calculations.
I've explained how I did mine in this thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/ecoflow-delta-max-solar-input.6348/#post-74894
... in Post #8

Complete noob here. I saw in Will's video that charging the ecoflow with panels in parallel is not recommended, but why? Recently bought an RV with one panel charging the house battery and 3 in parallel that previous owner had used to charge a yeti 1000 with MPPT controller. Just trying to figure out easiest way to take advantage of what I've got.

Is this still worth buying over an Ac200 or EB240? The prices are all similar. I don’t intend to use either daily. Thanks.

I just got a Delta last week and have been testing it just to make sure everything is OK. I have it set up as a UPS, supporting about 130 W of office equipment. It works correctly and I see the same power in and out. However, I was surprised that the unit enters charging mode (with the fans on full blast) about every two hours. It shows 100% state of charge, and it shows 3 minutes, switching almost immediately to 2 minutes, then to 1 minute. Then it charges for 3-5 minutes, all the while showing 100% state of charge and 1 minute remaining. This seems like they have messed up the charging hysteresis.

I contacted support, and they said first that I really shouldn't be using UPS mode for very long, and that it was normal to switch on when the charge declines to 97-98%, which I would expect. But, the state of charge never drops, and I think it charges too much (probably decreasing battery life).

I also let it sit idle for a few days, and the state of charge never dropped from 100% (which I expected), so the battery is working.

Any suggestions?

As I understand it, the Delta's inverter always consumes battery power when the AC output is on. This causes the phantom current drain that periodically triggers a re-charge. This is different from a normal UPS where the inverter is normally disabled and bypassed with a relay.

As I understand it, the Delta's inverter always consumes battery power when the AC output is on. This causes the phantom current drain that periodically triggers a re-charge. This is different from a normal UPS where the inverter is normally disabled and bypassed with a relay.

I think you are right (and this wasn't a big surprise to me as I knew it isn't a real UPS). I was just surprised that it cycles on and off while still showing 100% state of charge. Ecoflow customer support says it is normal, and pretty much just says, "Don't use UPS mode."

Will just reviewed one of KiloVault's batteries. They also make a generator that is somewhat similar to the Delta. It's not as pretty as EcoFlow's products but it has an external expansion battery port that the Delta lacks:

Will just reviewed one of KiloVault's batteries. They also make a generator that is somewhat similar to the Delta. It's not as pretty as EcoFlow's products but it has an external expansion battery port that the Delta lacks:

That's interesting but what I can't find is the voltage range for solar. 25A seems very high. 300W is lower than the Delta but no mention of voltage. ?
The battery cycle life is way better than the Delta but it weighs DOUBLE! 62lbs. Yikes.

That's interesting but what I can't find is the voltage range for solar. 25A seems very high. 300W is lower than the Delta but no mention of voltage. ?
The battery cycle life is way better than the Delta but it weighs DOUBLE! 62lbs. Yikes.
The manual states that the KiloVault RES-Q only accepts 12 V sources. ("for example, solar panel, hand crank, windmill, etc.") The weight could be a deal (and back!) breaker for sure. It's also more expensive. Anyway, I hope that Ecoflow includes a battery expansion port on their follow up.

Hello
Can someone with a Delta connect a 48v battery to the solar charge port and see if the charge controller inside the delta limits the current to below 10 amps?

I am interested to see if a 48v battery could be used to expand the capacity of the Delta. Understanding it will be limited to the 400 watt input on the solar input connection.

tks
Kevin

I would not build expandable pack for the delta. It's not designed to be used for stationary use really. Especially considering round trip efficiency. Use a Titan instead or build your own. Much easier than trying to hack the delta and to deal with the inherent downsides.
Hello Will
I just watched your YouTube review thank you It was very informative.

Can you test a battery connected to the solar input?
- will the delta regulate the current?
- ie. 24v battery get limited to 240w input?

Back