diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta for $950 or EcoFlow RIVER Pro + Extra Battery for $700?

Hotlanta

I see Costco has a special on EcoFlow units through 10/24/21. The Ecoflow Delta (1260Wh capacity) is $950 and the RIVER Pro with an extra Pro battery (1,440 Wh capacity) is $700. I ordered the Delta because it was originally all that was on Costco's website and I had seen Will's recommendation that it can work well for weekend campers. But now that the River Pro with the extra battery are an option and cost less with more capacity. I can't find enough realistic info abou the the River Pro; I know the River Max had all sorts of issues. Can you help me undersand why the Delta is so much better than the Pro options, that the Delta might be worth paying an extra $250?
My ultimate goal is to be able to work up to a long cross country road trip in my teardrop where I power my computer, monitor, wifi, phone, etc off the grid for a week at a time. I know I'll need to get more capacity to do that, but gotta start somewhere and learn how things go.

Or can someone point me to where to find balanced/non-sponsored reviews of the EcoFlow Pro with the extra battery? The price looks good but I’m new to this and can‘t figure out if there are obvious problems. Appreciate any guidance you can provide.

What I would look for is whether the battery chemistry is the same. That'll likely have something to do with lifecycle. Keeping the battery between 40-60% is better for lifecycle than going up to 100 and down to <20%

To be honest, for your power needs, I'm guessing you probably only need the 720w. I've had the 720w for a few weeks and am surprised by how long it'll last, even when powering a portable fridge all day.

You can do some maths to estimate what your watt-hours per day will be, and then buy a kill-a-watt that can measure watt-hours over a duration to get some actual field data. My MBP 13" takes about 80wh for a full charge. All my USB devices together take about 60wh. My fridge uses about 200wh in 24 hours. I think i may get the extra battery just to have a bigger absolute watt-hour range when running from 60-->40% for max cycle life.

Some good honest reviews out there on youtube. The one drawback I've heard about for the extra battery is that the connector cable is super thick, making it awkward to store them neatly together. Ultimately it probably takes up more space than just your Delta, but the nice thing is you can ditch the extra battery when you don't need it.

I see Costco has a special on EcoFlow units through 10/24/21. The Ecoflow Delta (1260Wh capacity) is $950 and the RIVER Pro with an extra Pro battery (1,440 Wh capacity) is $700. I ordered the Delta because it was originally all that was on Costco's website and I had seen Will's recommendation that it can work well for weekend campers. But now that the River Pro with the extra battery are an option and cost less with more capacity. I can't find enough realistic info abou the the River Pro; I know the River Max had all sorts of issues. Can you help me undersand why the Delta is so much better than the Pro options, that the Delta might be worth paying an extra $250?
My ultimate goal is to be able to work up to a long cross country road trip in my teardrop where I power my computer, monitor, wifi, phone, etc off the grid for a week at a time. I know I'll need to get more capacity to do that, but gotta start somewhere and learn how things go.
I have the River Pro but would not consider the extra battery for it. The cable that connects the battery is very thick and awkward and the battery and unit are not stackable. I also have the Ecoflow Delta and just got the Ecoflow Delta Max from Kickstarter. The Delta does not connect with an app, but the River Pro does. For your situation I would go with the Delta. The logistics of the River with an extra battery could awkward in a confined area. I do use the River Pro in my van without the extra battery. It is so small and convenient it fits on my little set of drawers. It also runs the fridge for an impressive amount of time. The regular Delta has a lot more capacity in terms of running times and watt capacity. It just depends on how you want to use it.

Back