diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro - Anderson port power output

s.berger

Hi all,

the EcoFlow Delta Pro's Anderson port should have up to 378W output power (12,6V DC, 30A), according to the specs. So I was thinking it might be worth to use it for powering low loads instead of using the integrated inverter (which has a high self-consumption of 40-50W and a sub-par efficiency for < 100W loads).
I bought a Victron Phoenix 12V/375W inverter, connected it to the Anderson port and actually expected it to work just fine within that low power range (<100W)

However, as I experienced the opposite is the case. The power delivery is very unreliable and often fails to power even lightest loads (<10W), the DP bailing out with "Overload 217", then you have to switch off the inverter and the DC output and try again. On the other hand, it sometimes also works just fine for 50W loads for an extended period (30+ minutes). The DC cabling to the inverter is 10AWG.

Is the Anderson port's output circuit just crap or what may I be doing wrong here? And what are your experiences with the DC output on the Delta Pro, does it meet the specs at least when used with native DC consumers?

Last edited:
Have the Delta Pro and extra battery, but my 12V fridge, which has a 20 amp max input, wouldn't work on the Anderson port, and Ecoflow told me the fridge was "incompatible" with the Anderson port; no further explanation was coming from them after multiple inquiries on what exactly was "incompatible", so while I love the Pro, it seems pretty weird that it won't power my fridge through the Anderson port.

I also have a Delta Pro and was hoping to use the Anderson port output for DC bank two on my boat. However, when the fridge starts the Ecoflow shuts off DC power with error 217 and will restart after about 5 seconds. The load is less than 10 amps so nowhere near the 30 amp rating. Same happens with other moderate loads.
So far, I am very disappointed with the Ecoflow.
1. Useless as DC power source for the reason above.
2. AC charging through an inverter, regardless of the AC power setting, has never working.
3. Charging with solar is very erratic - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
3. Won't power a compressor on the AC circuit which is rated at 29 amps (yes, close to the rated 30 amps but the boost should cover the startup surge).
Ecoflow support has not been helpful. Template responses after days or weeks.
I don't recommend the product. I think building your own DIY solution makes more sense.

I also have a Delta Pro and was hoping to use the Anderson port output for DC bank two on my boat. However, when the fridge starts the Ecoflow shuts off DC power with error 217 and will restart after about 5 seconds. The load is less than 10 amps so nowhere near the 30 amp rating. Same happens with other moderate loads.
So far, I am very disappointed with the Ecoflow.
1. Useless as DC power source for the reason above.
2. AC charging through an inverter, regardless of the AC power setting, has never working.
3. Charging with solar is very erratic - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
3. Won't power a compressor on the AC circuit which is rated at 29 amps (yes, close to the rated 30 amps but the boost should cover the startup surge).
Ecoflow support has not been helpful. Template responses after days or weeks.
I don't recommend the product. I think building your own DIY solution makes more sense.
I also have one but cannot find a connector to fit this port. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

I am also trying to use the Anderson port to power various equipment while I am out camping while charging with solar to the XT60 connector, but was not able to get it to work directly so ended up using the AC ports to a DC power supply. What I noticed is that I am getting low voltage errors on the equipment and that the Ecoflow Pro is only putting out 9v on the Anderson port which is not enough for most of my equipment to turn on. Are these Anderson ports just not of any use or is there any way to get them to work at 12v? I cannot find any setting to adjust this.

Back