diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro Discussion

Re: Will's review... Agree that the extra battery not having any stand-alone features and not being able to charge it separately are lost opportunities. I think Will underestimated the overall charge time for a Pro + 2 extra batteries from solar at 1600 W - it will take around 8 or 9 hours, which assumes maximum daylight. Even 240 V AC charging at 3000 W max. will take a long time.

Last edited:
Costco has the Delta Pro's on sale, but it looks like older ones - 1200 watt solar input? Are these prone to have any other bugs to work out, like the RV plug problem?

I am considering purchasing two of the Ecoflow Delta Pro units along with the Dual Voltage Hub to power my load center in the event of an outage. I'm curious what the maximum surge power is for two of these connected via the hub. My interest is in seeing if these can start up a 4 ton HVAC unit which has a high inrush current due to the scroll compressor. I have a soft starter on the condensing unit which shows about 55A at startup, but settles down to around 17A while running. My Honda EU7000IS generator won't start the unit, but could potentially be used to charge the Ecoflow units during an outage if they can power the HVAC system. Has anyone tested the surge capability of two of these units supplying 240V?

I have been experiencing the same clicking sound as well. It occurrs after sunset and shortly before or during sunrise. The Solar Panel Charging Indicator light flashes in unison with the clicks. My best guess is that it is some kind of Low Voltage Cut Off relay that is getting confused as the voltage in the lines/panels dissipates after dark and while it energizes during the pre-dawn period. At dark on the downward voltage drop side, the clicking begins in the 40V range as mentioned earlier in this thread. That seems odd given that the Delta Pro's SCC is rated for 11-150 Volts. I have been unplugging the solar charging cable when it occurs so I do not know how long it would continue if left plugged in.

It can be quite annoying if you have your Delta Pro near your sleeping quarters. And it makes it problematic for a permanent solar connection type install or application. Also, I do not know if it's damaging the SCC.

Anyone smarter than me have any thoughts on this or how to possibly circumvent it in practice?

Last edited:
I have been experiencing the same clicking sound as well. It occurrs after sunset and shortly before or during sunrise. The Solar Panel Charging Indicator light flashes in unison with the clicks. My best guess is that it is some kind of Low Voltage Cut Off relay that is getting confused as the voltage in the lines/panels dissipates after dark and while it energizes during the pre-dawn period. At dark on the downward voltage drop side, the clicking begins in the 40V range as mentioned earlier in this thread. That seems odd given that the Delta Pro's SCC is rated for 11-150 Volts. I have been unplugging the solar charging cable when it occurs so I do not know how long it would continue if left plugged in.

It can be quite annoying if you have your Delta Pro near your sleeping quarters. And it makes it problematic for a permanent solar connection type install or application. Also, I do not know if it's damaging the SCC.

Anyone smarter than me have any thoughts on this or how to possibly circumvent it in practice?
I have two Delta pros, one of them hooked up to one kilowatt of solar panels. The clicking is normal. What’s happening is at sunrise voltage is starting to appear on the solar input and the unit is engaging a relay to see if there is enough current available to meet the minimum 40W requirement for solar charging start up. The relay engages, tries to start charging, But the current isn’t there yet so the voltage goes down, relay disengages. Wash, rinse, repeat. At some point there is enough solar energy on the panels to create enough current to keep the circuit alive and then charging begins. The reverse happens at sunset.

They could have used a solid-state relay which wouldn’t have made any noise at all. Kind of surprising it’s an old-fashioned relay.

Just FYI: I have MPP Solar SCC, it does the same in the early morning and late evening

I have also purchased an EcoFlow Delta Pro recently to use as a UPS for my home office.

I was hoping we can just list all the things we know here and make our own manual of info for everyone to crowd source.

First when using it in pass through as a UPS I noticed you must keep the AC outlet power turned on and then I set the power on the unit and AC outlet to stay on always and “never” shut off in the App.

I was also wondering if the recharge rate should be on high or low and I noticed it by default is set to 0-100% minimum and maximum but it still drains down to 80% before kicking on , not sure why or if it’s a problem.

Also if the computers and monitors are in standby mode and drawing very little watts it shows as 0w on input and output. I would like to put on some solar panels but I see that this unit requires some specific panels if anyone can clarify.

I have also purchased an EcoFlow Delta Pro recently to use as a UPS for my home office.

I was hoping we can just list all the things we know here and make our own manual of info for everyone to crowd source.

First when using it in pass through as a UPS I noticed you must keep the AC outlet power turned on and then I set the power on the unit and AC outlet to stay on always and “never” shut off in the App.

I was also wondering if the recharge rate should be on high or low and I noticed it by default is set to 0-100% minimum and maximum but it still drains down to 80% before kicking on , not sure why or if it’s a problem.

Also if the computers and monitors are in standby mode and drawing very little watts it shows as 0w on input and output. I would like to put on some solar panels but I see that this unit requires some specific panels if anyone can clarify.
You can use a variety of different solar panels, you just have to keep the voltage and current within the listed range. I have two Delta Pros and I have 1000 W of solar panels feeding each of them. I used 250 W panels in series which add up to about 120 V and provide about 7 A.

I am finding the 120 V output is not reliable for computers. When the unit reaches full charge it seems to flip a switch internally and it glitches the output. Normally the battery charge level will sag 3% before it will initiate a charge again. I’m using one of mine to run a home security system, so what I did is got a small 300 W inverter and plug it into the 12 V output and I use that to run my security cameras which only draw about 100 W. This is higher efficiency than using the EcoFlow‘s own built-in inverter which seems to consume about 70W in idle on my unit.

You can use a variety of different solar panels, you just have to keep the voltage and current within the listed range. I have two Delta Pros and I have 1000 W of solar panels feeding each of them. I used 250 W panels in series which add up to about 120 V and provide about 7 A.

I am finding the 120 V output is not reliable for computers. When the unit reaches full charge it seems to flip a switch internally and it glitches the output. Normally the battery charge level will sag 3% before it will initiate a charge again. I’m using one of mine to run a home security system, so what I did is got a small 300 W inverter and plug it into the 12 V output and I use that to run my security cameras which only draw about 100 W. This is higher efficiency than using the EcoFlow‘s own built-in inverter which seems to consume about 70W in idle on my unit.
So far it has been fully reliable for the home office set up but that may be because it is running a laptop , two monitors , router/modem and cordless phone. It runs these very solid full time for about a week so far and when not being used they all go into standby mode and the draw shows as 0w although I’m not sure I believe that.

I like the idea of the separate inverter though , also I heard these units don’t like going from AC to DC so this would solve that I guess with solar charging.

The thing I can’t figure out is is keeps going below 80% while doing pass through and I can’t get it to trigger for recharge and I am getting very little info from customer service emails.

Which brand of solar are you using by the way?

I bought used panels from a guy on craigslist. They look to be maybe seven or eight years old but they are still putting out. The panels have generic labels on them but the maximum power point voltage is about 32 V. Putting four of these in series gave me a maximum voltage of about 120 V, and I think the EcoFlow will take up to 150 V at its input so that works.

Not sure why yours is going so low in voltage before it begins a recharge. I’ve noticed that on mine whenever it dips 3 V below the maximum charging setpoint voltage it turns on the charger.
However I am having serious problems with one of my Delta Pros now after being in service for about the last three months. It runs a window air conditioner and a small fan and a TV set. Runs on solar pass-through all day long and I never let it get below about 50% charge. However it recently put up an error code 010 and shut off. Customer support says that means the battery was too cold to charge. I’m in San Diego and the temperature on the unit indicates 84°. When it came back on the next morning it said 0% charge for about an hour, as the solar panels energized it climbed up to 11% charge then suddenly displayed 100% charge. Even though it’s set to turn off at 79%. I suspect the battery management system has failed. I have a call into service waiting for a response. I also made a YouTube video of this.

Also both of the units I have will no longer connect to my 2.4 GHz network no matter how many different ways I try. They were both OK for several months and then they both went off-line about a week ago and try as hard as I may I cannot get them on the network anymore. I was a network engineer for a company for many years so I kind of know what I’m doing.

The other Delta Pro unit I have in the garage running a washer and a gas dryer also on solar pass-through. But just this morning I went out there and it had turned itself off completely at some point overnight even though I have the AC output set to be on all the time. I also found and use the lab feature menu to keep the AC output always on even after a power outage. The charge level on the garage one was 75% so there was no reason for it to shut off. I don’t know if I’m fighting hardware issues, software bugs or some combination. They are giving me plenty to diagnose that’s for sure.

Costco has the Delta Pro's on sale, but it looks like older ones - 1200 watt solar input? Are these prone to have any other bugs to work out, like the RV plug problem?
I bought the Delta Pro from Cosco. Did not open it and returned it for a full refund. After reading Bluetti reviews on here I will stay far away from them. Probably gonna build my own system. Need something for the cabin.

I bought used panels from a guy on craigslist. They look to be maybe seven or eight years old but they are still putting out. The panels have generic labels on them but the maximum power point voltage is about 32 V. Putting four of these in series gave me a maximum voltage of about 120 V, and I think the EcoFlow will take up to 150 V at its input so that works.

Not sure why yours is going so low in voltage before it begins a recharge. I’ve noticed that on mine whenever it dips 3 V below the maximum charging setpoint voltage it turns on the charger.
However I am having serious problems with one of my Delta Pros now after being in service for about the last three months. It runs a window air conditioner and a small fan and a TV set. Runs on solar pass-through all day long and I never let it get below about 50% charge. However it recently put up an error code 010 and shut off. Customer support says that means the battery was too cold to charge. I’m in San Diego and the temperature on the unit indicates 84°. When it came back on the next morning it said 0% charge for about an hour, as the solar panels energized it climbed up to 11% charge then suddenly displayed 100% charge. Even though it’s set to turn off at 79%. I suspect the battery management system has failed. I have a call into service waiting for a response. I also made a YouTube video of this.

Also both of the units I have will no longer connect to my 2.4 GHz network no matter how many different ways I try. They were both OK for several months and then they both went off-line about a week ago and try as hard as I may I cannot get them on the network anymore. I was a network engineer for a company for many years so I kind of know what I’m doing.

The other Delta Pro unit I have in the garage running a washer and a gas dryer also on solar pass-through. But just this morning I went out there and it had turned itself off completely at some point overnight even though I have the AC output set to be on all the time. I also found and use the lab feature menu to keep the AC output always on even after a power outage. The charge level on the garage one was 75% so there was no reason for it to shut off. I don’t know if I’m fighting hardware issues, software bugs or some combination. They are giving me plenty to diagnose that’s for sure.
Hmm that’s a bummer hope you get some resolution from them. I guess the best way to go is build a system from scratch but I really needed something that is fully tested and certified and did not require an electrician and so far this is all I could find.

I was considering two Delta Pro units and the double voltage hub as emergency backup power for the house. After reading a lot of reviews over the past year, I've decided that these units are not ready for prime time. Too many bugs, weird complaints, and lots of "refurbished" units on the market. Too bad...they actually looked well designed.

I was considering two Delta Pro units and the double voltage hub as emergency backup power for the house. After reading a lot of reviews over the past year, I've decided that these units are not ready for prime time. Too many bugs, weird complaints, and lots of "refurbished" units on the market. Too bad...they actually looked well designed.
Well if you look at what people are doing over on the Facebook group they have worked past a lot of the bugs but ya still not quite there yet. However there is no other product yet that will do all of this with no electrician needed as far as I can find.

Well if you look at what people are doing over on the Facebook group they have worked past a lot of the bugs but ya still not quite there yet. However there is no other product yet that will do all of this with no electrician needed as far as I can find.
Good to know I suppose. I don't do Fakebook...not in my blood.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this?
With a 200W draw, I have approximately 8 hours of run time. So that would be about 1600 Wh. My battery is at 90%, so for a 3600 Wh battery, I should have about 3000 Wh available and yet I'm only getting 1600. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-201519.png
    Screenshot_20220720-201519.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 11
With a 200W draw, I have approximately 8 hours of run time. So that would be about 1600 Wh. My battery is at 90%, so for a 3600 Wh battery, I should have about 3000 Wh available and yet I'm only getting 1600. Am I missing something?
Self consumption is very high relative to what I measured, see my post earlier in this thread.

Does anyone else have one of these?

I'm new to solar, but so far I'm pretty happy with this. My two big complaints.........the documentation is very inadequate. I was expecting a pretty comprehensive manual, but all I got was about 8 pages of usable content. Only some of the features are explained so a lot of guessing so far.

The other I problem I have is: Sometime after the charging drops below the threshold of 40W (not explained in the manual), charging shuts off. At some point after that, a clicking starts. I have found that the clicking stops when I unplug my solar input cable.
It seems as though as long as there is a load present or cycling (my fridge) it doesn't seem to do it.

So far this is the response I got from the Tech line:

Not impressed with tech support so far.
Agreed, the documentation is sub par. Maybe there is a passionate user out there that will write a better manual and make it publicly available.
The clicking appears when the available light is borderline. The voltage is high enough to switch on the device, but when the delta pro starts drawing current, the voltage drops to below the threshold, so it switches off again. Then, as no current is being drawn anymore, the voltage again rises to above the threshold and so on. It does not harm the device, but is a bit annoying.

Hey, after working strong for about six weeks, my unit was doing something similar to yours and dying very quickly. With a bit of sleuthing and a little luck I fixed it in "10 seconds". I would suggest for every Ecoflow Delta Pro owner to check out the thread at: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/a...coflow-delta-pro-and-the-10-second-fix.46726/

Thanks, I will give that a try. Update on mine............I got mine replaced under warranty as it was declining further and further each passing week.

Well, my new one isn't fairing much better so far. It seems to be degrading as well. Was good for a few days and then seemed to be losing capacity pretty shortly thereafter. It's funny, because I realized the same thing when I got my new unit. It took so long to charge the battery in comparison to my other unit. Very noticeable, but makes sense.

I will give this a try and see what happens. Otherwise, I will have to be contacting support again, shortly. This is not making me feel great about my purchase so far. Please post any feedback you get from them if they find a cause for this.

Back